I can’t bring myself to workout or eat right.

Options
13»

Replies

• Tanamoor55
    Tanamoor55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t have all of the answers. I am 205# and 5’4”. I too am having a difficult time. I have gained a lot of weight since I got the My Fitness pal app. I don’t know if I would have gained it anyway without the app. My thoughts are that I am ignoring society’s view of what is acceptable. I am loving myself whether I am fat or thin( I used to be too skinny.). Then I am getting more active, one walk or gym time or swim time every day. And it least 3 vegetables/day. I feel I will do better if I make my own rules. In the past I have kept track of everything I eat and exercise and lost 20 lb. in 6 weeks, then felt deprived and gained it all back.
    My mother was obese and my dad pestered her and shamed her all the time. It never helped her. She just felt bad about herself. So talk to your boyfriend about doing it yourself. If he doesn’t like you the way you are, that’s poison to you.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had this same question not too long ago. I started writing in a journal and it helped me to the bottom of this behavior; it's easier to stay the way I am than force myself into uncomfortable, unfamiliar situations. I know how to be the fat me and no one else. I know what fits me now, where to shop, what people think of me or feel towards me... BUT all of that changes or could change if I'm smaller, if I've reached my goals. What do I do if I'm not a size 16/18? What happens when I don't weigh 245 lbs? For me it was fear and now I think most days I can handle the anxiousness about eating better and exercising. Some days these feelings come back and I just don't want to face change because this is who I've been and what I've known for 28 years. However, health is now what matters most to me and gets me past those thoughts. We'll just figure out what to do qhen we get there.