Turning 45 Sunday, Lost 100+ lbs last year & have maintained for more than a year!

Options
2»

Replies

• charliebaxter
    charliebaxter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful and how awesome you must feel.......I struggle to get motivated and which program .will work...so much information out there , two girls at work on Keto and have done great.....but as you say is it for me ...do I try it for a month for a kick start ....what exercise to do ...work is so busy and I do books for husband as well so time is tough and end of day I am tired or am I tired because of no exercise ......anyway thanks for the post ....what calorie range did you eat and what was your exercise program look like ....thank you
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    phaniea69 wrote: »
    You look incredible! I love your approach to weight loss. I feel similarly. I can’t totally eliminate food groups. It’s nice to see someone who has been very successful eating this way. It’s sometimes easy to feel like you are doing things wrong if you aren’t following one of the more restrictive diets. I hope to have some rocking after pics like yours in about a year.

You can and will. Just stay focused. I promise if I can do it... anyone can! I used to always say "The only way I can lose weight is if I stop eating entirely." I convinced myself that I'd always be big. I would even say that I would one day be the fluffy grandma who always had something warm out of the oven anytime the 'future' grand children would come to visit. I never would have believed that I would have lost all that weight. So thankful I did. Just believe in yourself, set goals (short and long term) and don't give up. You can do it!! You can!!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful and how awesome you must feel.......I struggle to get motivated and which program .will work...so much information out there , two girls at work on Keto and have done great.....but as you say is it for me ...do I try it for a month for a kick start ....what exercise to do ...work is so busy and I do books for husband as well so time is tough and end of day I am tired or am I tired because of no exercise ......anyway thanks for the post ....what calorie range did you eat and what was your exercise program look like ....thank you

Thank you. Yeah, there are many options out there now. I just wanted to go with something that I could continue with. I didn't want to remove food groups... because I wasn't looking to remove them from my life. That is why I chose to make healthier choices (food type and serving size) and move more. They are things I can do for the rest of my life and still enjoy 'all' foods in moderation. I entered my specific information into the MFP app and it suggested that I eat at 1200 calories. I never altered that until I reached goal of more than 100 lbs gone. I rarely ever ate into my exercise calories. I didn't assign myself a 'cheat day' as most people call it. I rarely ate over my 1200 calories. Once in a while for a birthday celebration or such, but I almost always had exercise calories for those times. As for exercise... In the beginning I started with about an hour to an hour and half an average of 3 to 4 times a week. As I lost the weight, I found myself in the gym for longer periods of time. I found that I just enjoyed it. Now, I avg 2 to 2.5 hours in the gym and usually Monday through Friday. I rarely go on the weekend.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! Congratulations!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    What an incredible inspiration you are! I started WW, in Jan of 2016 weighing 264 lbs. The highest weight I've ever been. :# It's been such a struggle for me to change my behavior. I've lost 44 lbs. and I now also track on MFP because I'm so sick of the games and want this weight off!! Thanks for inspiring me and showing me that it can be done. :)
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations on meeting your goals!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    aklop44 wrote: »
    Wow. I am new to MFP. You are so inspiring. You look amazing!!!!

I was doing weight watchers. But tired of paying

I SO get what you're saying. I did WW on and off maybe 1995-2012. I think my mindset was that if I pay someone else the burden is kind of on them that I must lose weight. It's almost like I felt I was buying success. The problem is that it just comes down to me, and me alone. I've had the most success I've ever had here and it doesn't cost me a dime. Very easy to join targeted groups (same age, same goals, same problems) for support, unlike going to meetings. Bottom line is that it's up to me.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Very impressive! Congratulations!

Thank you!
    What an incredible inspiration you are! I started WW, in Jan of 2016 weighing 264 lbs. The highest weight I've ever been. :# It's been such a struggle for me to change my behavior. I've lost 44 lbs. and I now also track on MFP because I'm so sick of the games and want this weight off!! Thanks for inspiring me and showing me that it can be done. :)

Thank you! You can do it!!
    swim777 wrote: »
    You look wonderful! Congratulations on meeting your goals!

Thank you!!

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    great story, great results, congratulations
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I love seeing your updated pics! You look so amazing. Congrats on maintaining!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Styggian wrote: »
    great story, great results, congratulations

Thank you!

I love seeing your updated pics! You look so amazing. Congrats on maintaining!

Thank you so much! Just hoping to inspire someone else by sharing my story.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!