Any like-minded persons?

Options
73CL350
73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
I am trying to loose 35 lbs by April First (6 months)...
...I am mainly IIFYM but aim for low carb in general. I also try to fast as long into each day as i can.

I'm also quitting alcohol. I've been a daily drinker for several years and this is a big life change for me. I'm more nervous about how it will affect my social life more than anything as of now.

I'd welcome any advice and am looking for active support partners.

I have ordered a food scale and I bought running shoes today so ... baby steps at first I guess.

Replies

• Roger15Z
    Roger15Z Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking alcohol and started running and weighing food. I lost 60 lbs and feel great. It had a huge impact on my social life at first everyone couldn't understand why I chose to go run instead of happy hour, but now I've learned to balance happy hour occasionally while still maintaining an active healthy lifestyle, it only took about a year to accomplish that though lol
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You are doing great in attitude! I'm concerned you could be taking on too much at once and risk losing it all. When you quit something you leave a void that something is going to fill. Maybe try to change habits a little at a time. For example, begin logging everything and exercising often. Over the first few weeks, make efforts to build some exercise based social life to replace the alcohol based. During that time you'll learn where your calories are coming in and it will make it easier to strategically reduce them.

There's no need to fast and getting too hungry is set up for a binge. Instead begin learning proper portion size, weighing grams, using MFP lookup to log, planning what you're going to eat way ahead of getting hungry, and keeping your progress toward daily total in front of you.

Most of the things we need to change about ourselves can be defined by habits. I hope you find this as helpful as I do: https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change

There's a lot of empathy and a little sympathy on these forums, come back often!
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wes, that is exactly where i want to get to, but i need to go through the full cleanse first.

Hrod, my goal right now is quitting the alcohol, and more tracking than limiting consumption for the first few weeks. i agree it's a lot to take on. Every day is getting worse not better to be honest.