Fave prelogging food and do you still eat it?

Options
What were your favourite calorie laden foods before you started logging?

Do you still eat them?

I still regularly eat KFC but now I just eat drumsticks as they are only 120 calories each. I also eat French fries at least once a week.

Some foods I just don't eat anymore. Not because I've banned them or anything, but they just aren't worth the calories anymore. Like a big stack of toasted cheese sandwich or Chinese takeaway.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I will usually still include most items, just in smaller portions.

More importantly, however, I'm so glad that someone else refers to the sandwiches as "toasted cheese". I got teased in college for calling them that.
  • magpie0829
    magpie0829 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milkshakes. And yes I still eat them because there is no way on this earth that I could not. I didn't eliminate anything when I started counting calories. Instead I just limit how often I have treats or I have just cut my portions down.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    kebabs. one kebab is 1200 cals plus. That's some people's daily allotment (not mine, but it's more than half of mine). pity, coz I quite enjoy a good kebab.

other stuff I just eat less of, or only on occasion, or modify - like I make homemade pizza (still yummy) for example.

I tend not to buy certain things otherwise I will eat the whole packet such as crisps, granola, nutella...
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oh I should have said in the original post that I'm down 16 kgs from when I started about six years ago.

Very slow progress and a few gains over that time but it hasn't been an unpleasant journey.

Very similar to me. I've lost 14kg since 3 years ago. Gained a few here and there and had to re-lose them. Re-losing 3kg of these 14 now. I'm 7kg from my final goal but these are vanity kgs. It's very slow but at least the situation is always under control.

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just remembered another fave. Indian butter chicken with hot chips. Yummo!

I still buy this, but now I make the curry into two portions and freeze one. And I only have it about once a month.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    What were your favourite calorie laden foods before you started logging?

Do you still eat them?

I still regularly eat KFC but now I just eat drumsticks as they are only 120 calories each. I also eat French fries at least once a week.

Some foods I just don't eat anymore. Not because I've banned them or anything, but they just aren't worth the calories anymore. Like a big stack of toasted cheese sandwich or Chinese takeaway.

I don't have a specific "pre-logging food" or type of food. I pre-log almost everything that I plan on eating assuming I've anticipated it in advance. It's logistically easier for a lot of reasons. I don't have to remember at the end of the day, the chances of going over by a lot are smaller, I have a good idea of what I need to eat to not go exceedingly under, etc.

So for instance, I pre-logged the lunch that i'm eating right now (half a roasted yam, brussels sprouts, and ginger chicken) yesterday which was easy because I knew that I was going to have almost the exact same lunch today as I did yesterday. I pre-logged dinner (or what I'm planning on having for dinner) this afternoon because why not? Breakfast was not pre-logged in part because I wasn't sure if I'd be getting a bagel and my latte was a surprise "let's see how good this place's lattes are" thing. The rugalash I'm eating throughout the day also weren't pre-logged because that was also a bit of a spontaneous decision.

I'm not sure that there are any foods that I've banned outright for the sake of weight loss. There are foods I'll eat less often or that I'll eat smaller portions of, but I haven't banned anything outright because of how the calories fit.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I still eat most things, just not all the time like I used to. I used to eat a giant cinnamon roll every day for breakfast, but now I just budget and have them occasionally.

Some things I don't still eat because they aren't worth the calories and I feel just as satisfied with lower cal versions. Some of these things for example are butter, maple syrup, salad dressings, and juice. I never drink my calories anymore like I used to.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I just remembered another fave. Indian butter chicken with hot chips. Yummo!

I still buy this, but now I make the curry into two portions and freeze one. And I only have it about once a month.

I have grown to love Indian food over the last couple of years, I just have it with cauliflower rice instead of normal rice because that way I get to fill up on more of the yumminess rather than the much blander rice.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something I no longer do (sadly). I used to drink about 0.5 to 1 litre of whole milk per day every day for most of my life. I should add that I've also been slim my entire life regardless. I only gained after I stopped smoking and moved to a different country 5 years ago (a western one lol).

I can not afford to do this any longer. Even if it was only 250ml of whole milk it is just not worth the cals for me. So I get by with semi-skimmed and a glass of milk is always part of a treat like cake or bisquits.