4 months progress- 20 lbs lost

Options
booncey
booncey Posts: 75 Member
When I started this journey 4 months ago, I had 5 goals in mind. I stepped on the scale this morning and can now check off the first 4 goals achieved.

#1- Lose 10 lbs. I am 5'5", and weighed 137. This doesn't sound like much, but I was "SKINNY FAT". I have a small frame and my body was very flabby and had the muffin top going on. I could hide it sometimes with clothes, but I hated the way I looked in most clothes and resorted to hiding my body as much as possible. When I lost the first 10, I started to gain confidence and people started to notice a change.

#2- Wear a 2 piece this summer. I haven't worn a two piece in about 5 years. I was wearing tankinis and didn't like the way I looked in them. I was able to rock a two piece this summer. I wasn't perfect by any means, but I felt confident that I looked pretty decent especially for my age. Main thing is, I didn't look like I was squeezed into the swimsuit!!!

#3- Wear skinny jeans. I love the way skinny jeans look on certain people, but the last 5 years, I did NOT look good in them. I refuse to wear them if they aren't flattering. I FINALLY can wear them with confidence and am actually looking forward to fall to wear them with tall boots...one of my favorite looks.

#4- Lose 20 pounds. I reached this goal today 8/9...4 months after I started this journey. I'm very proud of myself for changing my eating habits and working out on a regular basis. I feel better, look better and know I am stronger emotionally as well as physically.

2vj7oqo.jpg

My next goal is to build muscle mass and lower the fat percentage as much as possible. I actually may put on a few pounds as long as it is muscle. This will be an adjustment, but I WANT a six pack...so a six pack I shall have. I'm committed and confident that I can be in the best shape of my life by age 40. Fit by 40....

Replies

• rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look younger too!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! I have the same goal, fit by 40... which is next year. Yikes. lol :) Great job!
  • mailenaloher
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • FernLewis
    Options
    Amazing progress, congratulations!!

I have similar goals! Especially to wear a 2 piece on my holiday in December! I started my journey 8weeks ago I'm now 174lbs so still a way to go until bikini ready!

Any tips/secrets to your success?
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Lookin' great! Thanks for sharing!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! congrats on all your hard work!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look Fantastic! Great job setting goals and achieving them!!!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching 4 goals so far! Keep up the hard work, you look great!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks! As I was going along, it seemed like a slow process because I was only losing about 1 pound a week, but I was changing body composition so the scale was not always my best friend. I find that eating about every three hours keeps me from overeating and I try to eat as clean as possible. I have my treats, but I eat them in moderation. I LOVE ice cream, so sometimes I will eat one of those little ice cream cups that are 100 calories. I have "FRO YO Fridays" where I go to my favorite Frozen yogurt shop. That keeps me from going crazy when I'm around my favorite sweets. I have also started drinking water more than ever.

As far as exercise goes, I try to exercise 4 or 5 days a week. I try to switch it up, but I alternate between lifting and cardio. I am now lifting several days a week, but I limit my exercise to about an hour. On busy days, it may be 30 minutes. My best advice is to stick with it...don't rely on the scale and celebrate EVERY small victory :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!