Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

On keto, looking for non keto sides for kids

I started the Keto diet a few days ago and am looking for ideas for side dishes to serve my kids to keep them on a regular diet.

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    All the usual carbs you have cut out/down: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Baked potatoes, rice, pasta.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I started the Keto diet a few days ago and am looking for ideas for side dishes to serve my kids to keep them on a regular diet.

Serve them what they are used to eating and like?
    Side dishes are commonly raw or cooked vegetables or fruits, rice, pasta, potatoes, breads. They might be beans, lentils or peas.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/81/side-dish/

My dd loves pasta and rice and it is pretty easy to add to a variety of meals.

This. We do a lot of rice in my house as well. It's easy and versatile. Leftovers can be warmed for lunch the next day. You can also mix in any left over veggies or meat and make a lunch as well. It helps cut down on food waste and is inexpensive and filling.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    My nephews love cut up fruit and will eat some raw veggies with hummus. They also like beans and bread. They are not really into potato, rice, or pasta. Just offer a variety of healthy sides. The more they are exposed to, the more they will try.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    The kids are not on any special diet, so they get to eat whatever you considered balanced and good for them until now. Adapt what you eat, not what the family eats.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    What were they eating before?