Why the estimated weight loss when I close the diary changes every day?

Options
I'm sorry if it's a silly question, I've only just started using the app....I set up looking 1kg a week as my goal. On the first day, when I closed the diary, the notification said I should weight 85kg in 5 weeks. The next day is said I should be 85.1kg in 5 weeks. The day after it said I should be 85.5kg in 5 weeks.....why does the number keep going up? I stayed under the calorie goal each day

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Because it's based on a projection of if every single day was exactly the same as the one you just logged - exact same weight, exact same food, exact same exercise. It's pretty useless because it's really not accurate, just a dumb gimmick. So long as you're sticking to your calorie goal, you'll lose weight.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    In addition to it assuming each day will have the exact same amount of energy in and out it also suggests the scale weight loss will be linear in that amount of time which may or may not happen:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1