Eating MORE to weigh less success stories...pls.

Options
13»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 pounds since I started being really committed to getting healthy, and I take in more calories than I did for the years before that when I was trying unsuccessfully to lose weight. I think the key is that while I eat more calories now, I eat BETTER calories. In the past, I'd restrict under 1200, under 1000, etc. most days, but I was getting nothing out of it either. I ate mostly processed foods that were empty carbs (ramen, macaroni, crackers, breadsticks, etc.), rarely got any protein each day, and I felt like total crap. I know for me it made a big difference that I got my thyroid and sleep apnea treated, but I also think that eating better is a big reason I feel better too. When my doctor told me that he wanted me to eat a lot MORE in order to lose weight, I truly did not believe him, but it has made a huge difference. Your body needs fuel!

31 pounds is tremendous and do SO appreciate your post--you ROCK! :flowerforyou:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm eighteen pounds down since starting to log here in mid-June (before that, some dieting but mostly being more active took out another twenty five) and the pounds have been flying off faster than intended. Troubleshooted that with a manual TDEE calculator and found out I needed to be clicking the THIRD option down for activity level on setup. I don't see myself as active - I am sedentary and barely get out to exercise, or so I keep thinking. After admitting that belts could only go so far, I let a female buddy gut my closet and drag me to the local thrift store. My biggest "we're not in Kansas anymore" moment involved a vintage men's blazer that probably fell out the bottom of modern sizing. Yeah, I bought the thing.

Calories across the last week have ranged from just over 1700 to over 2400... and I am still losing.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I started my journey back on 9/25/12 at 1500 cal a day..Was loosing good at first and then stopped...I then went down to 1300 and lost for maybe 2-3 wks and then got stuck and then started going up..I cldn't understand why I was gaining or not loosing if I had dropped my calories lower..?? A lot of my MFP friends kept telling me that I wasn't eating enough and I was like NO WAY that I am going to go from 1300-1700 (tdee-20%) and let me tell you since I have done so, I lost every week except the 2 wks that it was my fault I gained. It works!!!

What an encouraging post and I'm so proud of your big ole 31 pound loss...you ROCK! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm eighteen pounds down since starting to log here in mid-June (before that, some dieting but mostly being more active took out another twenty five) and the pounds have been flying off faster than intended. Troubleshooted that with a manual TDEE calculator and found out I needed to be clicking the THIRD option down for activity level on setup. I don't see myself as active - I am sedentary and barely get out to exercise, or so I keep thinking. After admitting that belts could only go so far, I let a female buddy gut my closet and drag me to the local thrift store. My biggest "we're not in Kansas anymore" moment involved a vintage men's blazer that probably fell out the bottom of modern sizing. Yeah, I bought the thing.

Calories across the last week have ranged from just over 1700 to over 2400... and I am still losing.

Fabulous progress and thank you ever so much for posting! WOOT!::drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!