Keto

Options
How are you following the keto diet? From a book,internet,or learning from others? Just curious to how to follow.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    A ketogenic diet is simply eating few enough carbs that you are in ketosis almost all of the time. This is usually under 50-20g of carbs a day, which is often 10-5% of your total food calories. Typically protein is moderate at about 20-35% of total calories, often 70-150+g.

You could hit those macro goals eating vegan, vegetarian, omnivorous, carnivorous, whole foods, raw, or highly processed foods. It could be meat and salad, or soup, or chilli, or fathead pizza, or bulletproof coffe, or porkrinds with dip, or fish. Whatever suits you.

Atkins is an easy plan to start with. Diet doctor has some plans. Keto Clarity is a simple book to follow. Obesity Code incorporates fasting and is focused on improving insulin levels. Wah's Protocal is for treating autoimmune issues like MS with lots of plants and whole foods, and many paleo or primal books can be used to get ideas. Or just google keto recipes.

I just eat whatever I make for my family but skip some of the carbs like the rice, or potato, or noodles. I'll have bacon and eggs instead of waffles. YMMV

Try the Low Carber Daily or Keto MFO groups for more ideas.

Good luck!
  • laydeB
    laydeB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pinterest & YouTube has helped me soooo much.