Still looking for more MFP friends!

Options
I am looking for more like-minded friends to help with increasing health and weight loss. I have been active on MFP forums for the last 3 weeks or so, and it has been helping so much! Here's a little about me:

1. I am a 34 year old female from CA
2. I enjoy crafts, kickboxing,cooking, Meetup.com group events, reading, hosting craft-meal gatherings
3. I am part of a 12 step program for compulsive eating (OA)
4. Most of my life, I lost weight in attempts to gain approval. This year I've had a shift in my motivation to focus on health, self esteem, and better quality of life and it feels like fantastic freedom
5. I have 60 lbs to lose
6. I have my undergraduate degree in psychology and my Master's in a rehabilitation science field

If you are:
1. Focused on losing weight from a place of health rather than solely looks/approval
2. a believer that it is just as important to look at the deeper issues fueling weight gain as it is to look at the calorie count, weight number, etc
3. a person who can vent, hear venting from others, and also solution focused
4. working on self acceptance as you lose weight (not waiting until after you lose weight)

Please message me! Would love to connect and see if we can reciprocate support through this weight loss journey!

Replies

• Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm going to send you a friend request. I'm 37 and follow Bright Line Eating which is based on OA principals. I need friends too.