Need serious friends

Options
Hi All. I'm not new, but a chronic starter. I tried message boards a few years ago, but found that a lot of people were more interested in discussing everything about their lives EXCEPT their food and exercise. I am looking for friends that are serious about health, can offer advice and support and who are interested in daily check ins about health to keep each other accountable. Obviously there will be times we discuss our families and work, etc, but I am looking for the focus of the friendship to be about our MFP lifestyle. I am a 44 year old women from New England and have 30 pounds to lose. Any takers?

Replies

• Deb_140
    Deb_140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing. Thank you for your reply, I look forward to learning from your success.
  • Deb_140
    Deb_140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathleen...we can do this together! I'm starting at 168 and my goal is 140.
  • breathing02
    breathing02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m interested too. I’m always a starter but find it hard to stay motivated eating healthy and exercising
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! Has been difficult to motivate myself lately. Will send you all a FR
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi me to , add me please
    I start go great guns for a while ( I lost 54 kilos in 16/17 ) put 22 back on after a hip injury and have really struggled with finding the motivation to get back to what I know works for me . I’ve lost 12 of the 22 but it’s taken since April this year .
  • KathleenDo
    KathleenDo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today was good. A little body weight exercise in the am, and have been happy trading in a veggie instead of grain at breakfast (with boiled egg). Have also gotten used to apple cider vinegar rather than dressing at lunch. Basic dinner (no white carbs or gravy/butter). All the little saves allow me to have a treat at night and still come in ok.
  • SunflowerPower15
    SunflowerPower15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also from New England :). I am looking for new friends. I always start and stop, too... but this time I am committed to tracking. I will send you a request. Anyone who would like a new friend, please add me as well! I can use support and I have a lot to give!
  • Ms_Lezli
    Ms_Lezli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me! I am looking for friends with similar goals. I’ve lost 27 pounds and have 30 more to go! I eat healthfully most of the time and I work out. Please add me.
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34 kg and want to lose another 10kg or so. It's taken a while, not just because weight loss can be slow but because I've yo-yoed a fair bit. I'm pretty sure I'M cured of that and will NEVER go back to where I was. I log every day but don't always log my food. I'm six weeks post a double knee replacement as a result of my obesity. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Estrella1907
    Estrella1907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m also looking to find new friends who can help me keep myself accountable and are serious about losing weight!
  • mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for some friends here too! 27lbs gone 23 to go! I'll send you a request!
  • bajanbeauty19
    bajanbeauty19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely like to join! I'm originally from Boston but live in Chicago now. Weight has been an issue for me in the past but I'd finally gotten it under control with the birth of my daughter ten years ago. Unfortunately, we lost her dad 2 years ago to a drunk driver and with that my weight spiraled out of control. I now weigh 201 pounds and would like to be 140 pounds by the end of 2019. I exercise almost daily but need to get serious about tracking my food, staying within my calorie range, and ENDING EMOTIONAL EATING. I'm in!
  • johnderobeck
    johnderobeck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK and a bloke, but don't hold that against me. 5kgs down with another 10 to go - definitely up for anyone who is serious about hitting their goals.