Books that describe food in mouth watering detail

Options
I love reading cozy mysteries but they have a common theme of main characters describing a dinners of pasta with cream sauce or a late night snack of fried chicken, rich decadent desserts in great detail. It wasn't till I went on my getting healthy journey that I realized books could trigger cravings too!

While many characters seem to be always eating high calorie foods and not getting that much exercise, Janis Harrison gardening mystery series has a main character who had lost weight and a realistic struggle of maintaining her new goal and how stress and late nights and emotions can really affect oneself.

I'm on book 3 and I'm really enjoying the mysteries and realistic food habits. If anyone has any other good fiction book recommendations mystery or not, I'd love to hear them

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Laura in galls wilder little house series
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones has SO much food descriptions! It’s like every meal has to be described in detail even if it has nothing to do with the plot.

If you like mysteries I’m a big fan of the Kathy Reichs books, it’s the series the TV show Bones is based on. The books aren’t really similar to the show at all but they are good reads!