So far, so good

Options
It's been almost three months since I started my journey. The whole thing started after my father in law had a heart attack, then by-pass surgery, and then a stroke. I watched that and decided I didn't want to put my wife through all of that if I had a choice. My father in law came out of the whole thing shockingly well, but still has so many meds and limitation.

I started with just tracking my calories and limiting consumption of red meat. That went well, but then my wife found some books about moving to a plant based, whole food way of eating. We really started that to support my father in law since his dietary restrictions are now super strict.

We sort of jumped into the whole thing with both feet. We totally threw out all the junk food. Can't eat it if it's not there. We eliminated all processed foods, dairy, and even pressed oils. I know it sounds extreme, but we wanted to try it. The results have been pretty amazing so far. I feel great, and up to this point I've lost about 40 pounds. Not only that, I've loved the food. We used The Engine 2 Cookbook, and the food has been great. I've always been a meat eater, and was shocked that I've been able to give it up without really missing it. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'll eat meat again, but I have changed the way I've looked at as a dietary component.

Just wanted to post and let people know that if I can do it, you can do it. Feel free to friend me or ask questions!