Fish recipes

Options
Athijade
Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
Hey all!

I am looking for some more fish recipes as I am trying to increase the amount of fish in my diet. I love fish and would love to eat more of it as it is a great lean protein that cooks quite quickly. But I get bored with the same recipes! So far I pretty much do a teriyaki salmon or a parmesan crusted tilapia. So I need new ideas!

Thanks!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Google a la meuniere for a useful treatment for any white fish. Essentially dust fish fillets with flour, pan fry, remove to serving plate when done on both sides. Melt a little butter in the frying pan and add lemon juice, choppedn parsley, optional capers, optional lemon zest and pour onto fish.

I like to use a meat thermometer to cook fish. For tuna and salmon which I like rare I cook to 60C internal temperature. For white fish which I prefer cooked through I cook to 70C. The meat thermometer prevents me from overcooking fish.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    fish and shrimp fajita. saute frozen pepper and onion add fresh sliced mushrooms. when browned remove. cook shrimp and small filet sliced in small pieces. wrap in warm tortilla. dress with taco sauce or salsa. vary types of fish
    Halibut, flounder, Pollock, white fish. I use any mild white fish. experiment with fruit salsa. yum
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like to make what my kids call pepper fish. I spray a deep pan and put 4-6 tilapia fillets in. Then I cut up 1 onion, 1 yellow pepper, 1 red pepper, and 1 orange pepper and just toss them on top of the fish. Add some lite zesty Italian salad dressing, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and half a can on light beer. Cook on low-med heat until the fish breaks up really easy.

You can thicken the sauce and serve it over rice. Or drain it a bit and eat it in a tortilla. Or add some veggie broth and eat it as a soup. Whatever you prefer.