Snarky things we will never actually say to people who insist on talking about our weight loss

Evelyn_Gorfram
Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
edited October 2018 in Motivation and Support
"Have you lost weight?" -
- "Have I? I guess I should weigh myself one of these days."

"What's your goal weight?" -
- "I haven't really settled on a number yet. What's yours?"

"How much have you lost?" -
- "I dunno. How much have you found?"

"How did you lose the weight?" -
- "I swallowed a tapeworm." (I am always so-o-o tempted to say this.)

"Well, you'll never lose any weight that way. You should try the Latest Stupid Flash-In-The-Pan Fad Diet." -
- "You're right. The only people who think my way works are doctors, credible medical researchers, and people who've lost weight and kept it off. I'll definitely try your way instead."

"I'm worried that you might be developing an eating disorder." -
- "Thanks for your concern. I'm actually a little worried about you, too: it seems like you might be developing a manners disorder."

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    edited October 2018
    "What's your goal weight?" -
    - "I haven't really settled on a number yet. What's yours?"

I like this one!

Hmmm, people haven't really commented on my weight loss (185 to 140 so not insignificant). I must have my RBF down :lol: Filing some of these away just in case though.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    no one has mentioned my loss much.. I live in the South and people are extra polite here. .they don't ask as many irritating questions as when I lived up North. Up there they'd always say what was on their minds.. "when are you going to have kids." "how much weight did you lose". "how much money do you make". "when are you going to get married." I don't miss it much.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    I moved in the middle of the process and I never live in a place long enough for people to notice a difference. I'm "the health conscious one" currently. :) I don't think anyone is going to ask me anything because they just haven't known me long enough.