First week without slimming world

Options
First week calorie counting set my goal to be 2lb a week loss and this week I lost 2lbs
I really need to trust calories in and out because it looks like it works, if I lose this week then no more slimming world and no more spending £4.95 a week weigh ins 😁

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Just be careful with your weighing and logging - a lot of people run into trouble because they’re not being as precise as they think, or not actually logging everything, or using bad DB entries.

Also, make sure 2lb a week is an appropriate goal for you - only people with >75lb to lose can safely lose that fast, especially as it requires a daily calorie deficit of 1000 calories!
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Just be careful with your weighing and logging - a lot of people run into trouble because they’re not being as precise as they think, or not actually logging everything, or using bad DB entries.

Also, make sure 2lb a week is an appropriate goal for you - only people with >75lb to lose can safely lose that fast, especially as it requires a daily calorie deficit of 1000 calories!

I walk a lot and on my feet all day at work running around etc.. I eat around 2000 calories a day and have about 30-40lbs to lose
    2000 calories is a lot of food so wouldn't want to eat anymore than that
    I thought 2lb a week is a safe amount to lose? Will see what happens this week being my 2nd week
    It could all go wrong but hopefully it won't
    Thanks for your advice I need all the help I can get 🙂
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    2lb is a safe amount to lose if you’re very obese. For everyone else, 1lb is a better choice in order to avoid muscle loss and underfuelling daily activity.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

I walk a lot and on my feet all day at work running around etc.. I eat around 2000 calories a day and have about 30-40lbs to lose
    2000 calories is a lot of food so wouldn't want to eat anymore than that
    I thought 2lb a week is a safe amount to lose? Will see what happens this week being my 2nd week
    It could all go wrong but hopefully it won't
    Thanks for your advice I need all the help I can get 🙂

1% of your bodyweight is a safe amount to lose per week.

2000 calories isn't that much really... you easily ate more than that to gain weights.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    First week calorie counting set my goal to be 2lb a week loss and this week I lost 2lbs
    I really need to trust calories in and out because it looks like it works, if I lose this week then no more slimming world and no more spending £4.95 a week weigh ins 😁

With regard to the bolded as well (I know this is a slimming world mentality) you won't necessarily see loss on the scale every week. Fat loss can easily be masked by water retention and digestive processes, it's the long term trend that's important not the week-to-week.

• jenntaylor702
    jenntaylor702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’ve just switched from slimming world to calorie counting too! I’m finding it so much more flexible and I’m not snacking for the sake of it because it’s “free” food or because I’ve got syns left! Hoping to see a good result this week and hoping this is a way of esting I can stick to!! Good luck!0
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do a weird combination of calorie counting and Slimming World and it works for me. To properly count as others have said you need to ensure you are weighing the food and getting the precise number, more so than when working out syns.
  • callymears928
    callymears928 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've also just switch from slimming world to calorie counting! Abit nervous but ready to give it a go. X