From couch to half ironman world championships

Options
2»

Replies

• bhokanson2015
    bhokanson2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey.... I smiled when you said you didn’t run- swim- bike and how you moved forward
    Truly inspiring- you look great and I’m sure feel great too - physically and emotionally

I do, it’s much better now. I used to regularly have major problems with my back that would leave me in crippling pain and that’s all gone away with how I live now. I feel better now than I did 10 years ago
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    awesome job, in order for you to make it to World Championship you had to win your age group or top %. You came a long way from the couch and lot of hard work. B)

I completed my first full Ironman in September and started in the sport about 5 years ago with Sprint distance. Bragging rights to my other 53 year old friends.

Keep up the great work
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!!!!
    I’m at the “teaching myself how to run” stage because walking for exercise is becoming less of a challenge.
    Would love to run a 5k one day, and you’ve definitely inspired me to think that maybe I actually can do it!!!

You can complete a 5k this year, you can run / walk it, just keep putting 1 foot in front. Next spring run the 5K. crossing the finish line is more mental. you can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!