1200 calories and 1hr exercise every day, not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• bonniehatcher1949
    Options
    Biggster69 wrote: »
    You lie to yourself and eat more than 1200 cals.

Yes. Thats me. I guesstimate every calorie. Not getting anywhere.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No one is perfect at logging. The odds of your logging being 100% accurate are small. Even those of us at this for mannny months still strive to improve and tighten our logging. I've lost weight very successfully but STILL find errors. Most recently I realized I wasn't logging chicken accurate. sure I weighed it, but i weighed it COOKED which is less accurate AND i was using erroneous entries. Same issue with Salmon. As I get closer to needing to find maintenance, I keep tightening up my logging.

also consider looking at what entries you are using to log.They are user generated so not all are accurate.

and don't forget liquids (other than water).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I do use a food scale though so that’s what I don’t understand?

You may be using inaccurate database entries then. Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open up your diary? it helps people be able to give you advice and find issues
  • jmc930
    jmc930 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I echo what people said about not logging accurately. I just got a food scale and I'm surprised at the difference between what I THOUGHT was 3 oz and what is actually 3 oz.

The other option is to double-check the listings you're logging. My work has a free cafeteria for employees, and I thought, chicken noodle soup was XXX amount of calories based on one entry in MFP. But then there are two others listed with very different calories. Do your due diligence and learn where your food is coming from so you can identify the most accurate entries for what you're eating.

Lastly, maybe 1,200 calories is too much for you. But to know that, you'll need to see a doctor to verify. My grandma can't eat more than 700 calories a day if she wants a deficit (and it's been like that for her for decades, not just when she became elderly). But again, see a doctor, if you fear that's the case.