Your "enough is enough" moment

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I had a lot of trouble lifting my baby's stroller into the trunk. That was it. I knew I had to start lifting at that point. Now I can do it with one arm. :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It wasn't exactly an "enough is enough". I was happy with the way things were for me and obesity was just a minor inconvenience. It was more of a "this isn't working for me anymore" when I got bad blood test results after a series of "minor inconveniences". It just didn't feel minor anymore.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Recently, I regained 10lbs purely due to hormonal issues causing depression and increased appetite. I ate poorly, very poorly - pizza, cookies and chocolate for meals. I didn't have the energy or will to meal prep.

My turning point was having to get my big knickers back out of the attic. It absolutely killed me, especially as I'd only just put them away 3 months earlier. Plus, the more weight I have, the more water I seem to retain during pms. My breasts went up 2 cup sizes which I hate. I know lots of women would love that but I'm firmly in the itty bitty titty camp.
  • johnderobeck
    johnderobeck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One day I just realised that I could probably spend the rest of my life making excuses for myself and waiting for things to change. It is always easier to look forward to some mythical point where things will be different than to actually take responsibility for yourself and take a risk on actually becoming the person you always wanted to be. Losing weight and getting fit is definitely part of that, but it is a whole life change for me. My Faith is really important for me, so that day I committed to TRaCE (Take Responsibility for myself and Commit Everything back to God).