127 lbs lost, yet still a failure

Options
123457»

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    @gboybama I think you might have hit the nail on the head here with your OCD insight. I had this feeling too when reading the OP. I was probably a bit blunt in my responses (British don't you know)

You're phrase "I was tired of being a selfish man-child" made me laugh but also reminded me of several men in my past that were just that and it is not attractive, most women don't want to have to pander to a man-child.

You have given some great insight here I hope the OP comes back and reads your post.
  • dawngmx
    dawngmx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're not a failure. Online dating is just evil. Been there...done it. I had everything from one who thought the mafia was after him to a dude that lived in his brother's basement and collected baseball cards and toys.
    Like others have said, get out and join the community. You never know what out there! You have a lot of good things about you, especially the fact you fish! If you hunt, I'd have to come find you.:p
    Seriously though, judging by your post, you sound like a great guy. Hang in there; I'm sure the right one will come along when you least expect it.
  • tinseltr
    tinseltr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey BV1980 I haven't read what everyone else has wrote so sorry if there's some repetition.

You probably don't want to hear it but I hope you read this...
    You are not alone and you're not a loser. There is such a thing as looking too hard and believe me I should know. I spent many years in a bad relationship with someone who treated me bad and ended that relationship with a 2 year old in tow. I spent a couple of years alone and then I searched for about 5 years for someone. I didn't always search hard but I searched and I dreamed. I signed up to match and payed the money only with no luck . I eventually signed up to Plenty Of Fish and 2 years later I found my boyfriend of 3 years now. We live 2hrs and 45mins apart. It sucks because we mostly only see each other on the weekends, but those weekends are awesome. It actually happened when I stopped looking so hard.
    I'm not gorgeous or thin and to most people he's not the most handsome man ever although I love how he looks. He's grossly overweight but it doesn't matter.
    I guess part of what I'm getting at here is that there's someone for everyone and everyone's love stories are different. Maybe you won't get married, it's not the be all. Don't judge yourself by the social norms we all seem so keen to adhere to. You're not everyone else, you're you.
    Also those years I was looking I did a hugely important thing of taking up hobbies and through those things learnt things about myself and gained self confidence because I had things to talk about to interest others and relate to others with the same hobbies etc.
    I could keep writing but I'd be here forever. I would love it if you'd add me as a friend, we could talk :)
    Oh yeah huuuuge grats on the weight loss/maintenance. That is a massive achievement you need to give yourself more credit for.