Me-but-not-me feeling 44lbs down?

Options
2»

Replies

• stevephi01
    stevephi01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss.

I've not been at a good weight for around 30 years, 12 years ago I set about losing 60lbs. Did that partially by doing gym at least 5 days a week. I lost the weight, but looked gaunt and as though I was ill, not a good look at all.
    Well all that weight went back on till January 2016, this time I'm down 66lbs - no gym and seem to be in proportion ( tummy could do with a slight bit more off).
    Where it's getting me is I'm sort of in between clothes sizes - 2X or 3XL and the tummy was prominent then, now a large is too loose and a medium fits but is a little bit snug and whilst not as bad as before there is the ole tummy bulge again. I've come an long way to sort of look the same, albeit 6" smaller. I don't let it worry me, I know I have some more way to go - I'll know when to stop when that gaunt look starts again.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    I think it may depend on how long a person has been overweight. For me, I was thin most of my life..when I lost my weight recently I could see the good old me back in the mirror. Perfect? no. But there she was..the me I was used to.

Maybe for someone who has been heavy most of their life ..it has to be weird to dip down in weight where you've never been as an adult. Of course that takes getting used to.

Yes! I haven’t been this size since I was 17/18. That was nearly 7 years ago.

Such a whippersnapper! :wink:

In my case, my brain never adjusted to 'fat me.' I'd pick up a pair of pants to fold and think there was no way my *kitten* was that wide. Except it was.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    I think it may depend on how long a person has been overweight. For me, I was thin most of my life..when I lost my weight recently I could see the good old me back in the mirror. Perfect? no. But there she was..the me I was used to.

Maybe for someone who has been heavy most of their life ..it has to be weird to dip down in weight where you've never been as an adult. Of course that takes getting used to.

Yes! I haven’t been this size since I was 17/18. That was nearly 7 years ago.

Such a whippersnapper! :wink:

In my case, my brain never adjusted to 'fat me.' I'd pick up a pair of pants to fold and think there was no way my *kitten* was that wide. Except it was.

Haha, you never feel quite like a whippersnapper with knee issues. My friends call me the grandma friend because I limp & knit 🤷🏻‍♀️ lol.

It’s true I’d definitely stare at my large clothes and think they were wrong and too big until on. Maybe I’m over thinking this and bodies are just always weird lmao. I recently tried on a bra I bought snug in the cups and it gaps now, I hadn’t even noticed that shrinking! (Yay!)

I really appreciate all of the responses. I think I’ll adjust over time now. Thank you for sharing!! ❤️❤️❤️