Just given up booze

Options
Hi,

I was a member many years ago but have just logged in again. Was drinking too much and it was keeping me always about 15 kilos over my ideal weight, due to the calories in the booze and the snacking that went with it. Two weeks later and I am still getting used to eating much more healthily and getting used to proper hungry and not just hangover hunger and snacky blood-sugar peckishness.

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place for a sense of community, starting out nutrition-conscious to accomplish a life of sobriety.

If you're inclined, kindly consider https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10698343/less-alcohol-october-2018-one-day-at-a-time
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @ geraldinia Many of us are going through something similar.
    It really makes a difference when you look at how many calories and "unconscious" eating takes place when drinking. At least for me, it's night and day.
    Good job! Keep it up!
  • geraldinia
    geraldinia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also think the old blood sugar needs to adjust to what is going in each day. Instead of all that sugary wine I mean....
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I reduced my drinking significantly, but didn't stop. I rarely drink at home and limit myself to 2 drinks at any event. I feel so much better! I hope the same for you :)
  • geraldinia
    geraldinia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I definitely already feel better but am currently getting used to not having those calories from booze and drinking with meals etc.