Water intake

Options
Does coffee count as water intake as long as you count any creamer?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Coffee does count as water intake and yes, log the creamer.
    But still aim to drink some water - its not only good for hydration its good for our complexion, our organs and helps stave off that hungry feeling we can get between meals. While we don't need to drink water for weight loss, its good for us and its zero cals - win win :smile:
  • Kelli0507
    Kelli0507 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't know why those charts never mention that your first and maybe even second urination in the morning will not be good indicators of your hydration level. I am almost always a 1 and yet I can be a 5 - 7 first thing in the morning.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I don't know why those charts never mention that your first and maybe even second urination in the morning will not be good indicators of your hydration level. I am almost always a 1 and yet I can be a 5 - 7 first thing in the morning.

Also, if you take certain vitamin or mineral supplements (iron especially) your urine about 2-4 hours later will be deeper in color. Prescription high potency iron gave me neon yellow urine.

OP, back when I counted water I counted everything except alcohol.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I know I'm really dehydrated in the morning also when I wake up with a headache (and NO I have not been drinking :wink: ). It is usually when I'm a little congested and I guess I'd been snoring up a storm. LOL
  • mikepaulhenson
    mikepaulhenson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been staying under my calorie limit for a couple of months now, but I seem to have hit a snag with losing the last 10 pounds or so with my goal. I've always been bad about drinking enough water and though my calories are low, I'm sure I consume too much salt. Could that water retention be the cause of that flub covering my lower abs?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Also, if you take certain vitamin or mineral supplements (iron especially) your urine about 2-4 hours later will be deeper in color. Prescription high potency iron gave me neon yellow urine.

Some of the charts did mention that medication and some supplements can change the color of your urine, but I picked this one because it had smiley faces. :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options

Actually, it's a perfectly good indicator...most people are dehydrated first thing in the morning...you lose a lot of water overnight just from breathing.
  • NovusDies
    Options

Some of the charts did mention that medication and some supplements can change the color of your urine, but I picked this one because it had smiley faces. :D

You have standards. I respect that. :wink:
  • NovusDies
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Actually, it's a perfectly good indicator...most people are dehydrated first thing in the morning...you lose a lot of water overnight just from breathing.

I haven't had any water to drink today yet and I am back to running clear. It has been a few minutes since I learned this but from what I remember since you are not relieving yourself at night as much your urine becomes concentrated.

• earlnabby
    Options

I like your style. You know what is important
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I've been staying under my calorie limit for a couple of months now, but I seem to have hit a snag with losing the last 10 pounds or so with my goal. I've always been bad about drinking enough water and though my calories are low, I'm sure I consume too much salt. Could that water retention be the cause of that flub covering my lower abs?

No because most sodium related water retention is in the extremities because of circulation.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I do drink plenty of water but not until later in the day usually. In the late morning, usually all I've had to drink is about 3-4 cups of coffee and a few sips of water and I am very well hydrated. My pee is light yellow. So yes it counts... in my experience...