Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Replacement ideas

Hi everyone I don’t like rice or pasta. Has anyone any ideas how I can pimp them up to like them or tollerate them x

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I don't like rice or pasta either so I don't eat them, too many carbs for nothing.
    Try Zoodles or riced cauliflower
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I think there's quite a few people on here who wished they didn't like rice or pasta. Just don't eat it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    why do you need to tolerate them? just get your carbs from other sources that you actually like?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Nix them from your rotation, what's the point in eating something you don't enjoy?
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Don’t eat anything you don’t like. Eat bread or a potato if you want a starchy carb. Life is too short to eat food you don’t like.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    RachellaJ wrote: »
    Don’t eat anything you don’t like. Eat bread or a potato if you want a starchy carb. Life is too short to eat food you don’t like.

Yeah. That. ^^
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    what don't you like about them?

i eat quite a lot of rice/pasta - alternatives that i also use farro, pearl couscous, barley if you want carbs like that; potatoes (white or sweet)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I don't really like rice or pasta, except in a few select situations.

I don't like pasta noodles (especially not spaghetti). I do like tortellini and ravioli because they have more flavor and texture.
    I don't really like plain rice. I do like rice made into sushi. I also like rice made into sticky balls, with nori and sesame.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    There's no obligation to eat them if you don't like them. You can get the nutrients and calories from other sources.