Vacation

Options
Here I am 8 lbs down and about 5 to go and in 2 weeks I am headed to California for 10 days. I know I have to really keep myself on track so I don't gain by exercising and watching what I eat.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to at least maintain while on vacatio?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    In N Out
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself a little. I went to Hawaii and ate McDonald's around three to four times & totally pigged out at a luau buffet & still managed to lose 3 pounds from the last time I weighed in a few weeks ago.

I did exercise a few days & tried to track as well as I could.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Hawaiian mc donalds poi pies.... soooo good!!! If you DO go to IN N OUT you can order a protien style burger! ( lettuce wrapped burger) other than that I would enjoy your vacation then get back to your routine. Or you could just try to stay within your daily cal budget? Or maybe just taking an hr liesurely walk everday while on vacation.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You're on vacation so you need to relax and have fun. Don't be crazy about watching calories but don't go crazy and binge every day either. I always get up every morning and exercise to help set the tone for being healthy as well as burn some extra calories in case I want to indulge later. Having said that, I always gain 2-3 pounds in a week but they come off within 2-3 days of getting home and back to my normal routine because it's just water weight.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to go to Disneyland for vacation/half marathon in two weeks as well...eat what you want, just eat smart. There is no reason to not enjoy yourself. For example I will split a meal with my sister or friends I am with instead of pigging out..since I am local.. I also bring my snacks to the hotel room..(high fiber crackers, yogurt,fruit, peanut butter etc...) so I can get a healthy snack before going out.. it helps be not over do while eating but still enjoy myself. and HAVE FUN