Rate of weight loss.

Options
I am a 41 yo women standing 5’ 5.5” tall. I have been following MFP for 2 months. I am set as sedentary and to lose a pound a week. I have a food scale and weigh most of my meals. I get little exercise but have been walking the dog more making my total daily steps 3,000-5,000 most days. I always eat within 10% of my weekly calories and have not eaten over. Many days I eat about a 100 under because I feel full at dinner and then can’t eat within a few hours of bed due to severe reflux symptoms. This is what results in total weekly being 5-10% less than my weekly goal.

These are my 10 weekly weights (on Saturdays):

I see a lot of talk on this forum about not losing too quickly and really want to be able to maintain the weight loss and lose fat instead of muscle (what little of it I have - ha!). Does this seem to be on track with healthy and maintainable weight-loss? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started out losing about 1.7 pounds per week but in the end I averaged about 1.4 and have maintained for a year. This rate may slow down as you get closer to your goal. You are doing really well! Congratulations.