Open food dairy

Options
I've only just began logging daily. What I have noticed is I'm not consistent at all with my calories. The past few weeks I've been trying to cut out some things and add more fruits and veggies and add in exercise. But I'm actually having issues with hitting my calorie goal. I think I'm doing good then I come home, work out and either 1) don't eat near enough or 2) overeat foods I am trying to stop eating. I'm trying to lose 80 to 100 pounds. So....

If you have an open food diary and are consistent with logging and hitting your daily values can you let me know so I can look and start getting ideas to plan out my next week? It'd be a great help to me while I try to figure my stuff out.

Also, if someone can link a previous forum discussion about macros and what that really means and includes (i'm sure there's been many) I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I mostly meet my calorie goals (ignore the last 2 days, it was my birthday and I still had cake!) Feel free to take a peek. When I don't log is when I don't have internet access (like this upcoming week when I am on a cruise).

Good luck!
    I've only just began logging daily. What I have noticed is I'm not consistent at all with my calories. The past few weeks I've been trying to cut out some things and add more fruits and veggies and add in exercise. But I'm actually having issues with hitting my calorie goal. I think I'm doing good then I come home, work out and either 1) don't eat near enough or 2) overeat foods I am trying to stop eating. I'm trying to lose 80 to 100 pounds. So....

If you have an open food diary and are consistent with logging and hitting your daily values can you let me know so I can look and start getting ideas to plan out my next week? It'd be a great help to me while I try to figure my stuff out.

Also, if someone can link a previous forum discussion about macros and what that really means and includes (i'm sure there's been many) I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!!!
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to look at mine. I need to lose 113 lbs and have lost 15 in 6 weeks. Add me as a friend if you wish and good luck on your journey.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open, if you need to friend me first that would be lovely too! I am reasonably consistent and always need friends!
    Good luck with it all :drinker:
  • leelxxsh
    leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine's always open! Feel free to look, especially if you need fast, cheap, easy, and HEALTHY meals, I'm a college student so those are a necessity. Good luck, don't hesitate to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
  • alwayswinter303
    Options
    Welcome to check mine out. Its open and I log daily!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, I log daily. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I am usually on several times per day!
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth. I don't always log my exercise. Only if I go over my 3 scheduled workouts a week. Like if I steal a marshmallow out of my kids lucky charms I do my best to log that. I am not perfect everday. This week has been up and down. But I still had a loss. I love junk food, I think this week proves it last night I had pizza for dinner I had 1 piece thought about another one and I could have fit it in but then I got on the scale and I was down 2 lbs and decided to stop at just that one. Just remember it's not about what and when you eat but mostly how much your eat.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    mine is open to friends... feel free to check it out.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks thanks thanks!!! I will do this today as I'm making my grocery list for next week.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 Explains easily how to calculate your TDEE to set your calories. I have done this and am doing 30% fat, 30% protein, and 40% carbs.

My diary is open. This week is the first in a while that I have been accurately tracking as I am trying to weigh all my food and be consistent. I also started P90x on Wednesday 8/7. I had been wobbling between consistent exercise and logging and am commited to do it until the end of the year in the hopes that it becomes 2nd nature and habit.

I am 27 yo and 5'6 hovering around 170lb. I weigh every day and track it in Excel (I like #s and want to map the fluctuations) but I only log my weight on MFP on Mondays. Which hasn't been great since I usually drink a lot and have a ton of sodium on the weekends (also working on limiting).

I found with the 30/30/40 breakout that I struggle to get the protein in unless I make it a huge priority during the day and once I get close to my protein # I don't mind having a little ice cream with my extra calories. You might also look into the IIFYM theory (If It Fits Your Macros).

Good luck!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi friend! My diary is open :)