60+ age group & need motivation to lose 20 lbs

Options
I can’t get myself to stay on a diet or to track on MFP for more than 2 days. I really need to lose 20 lbs. hopefully the buddy system works and we can motivate eachother.

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 71 and have been on mfp for over five years, I'm still logging it's the only way to make it lifetime changes and not just to fix a weight loss, even when reaching your goal you still need to stay there and not go back to
    Old ways.
  • dukeofthedeck
    dukeofthedeck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 72 and have been here since 2010. Calorie tracking is an absolute must in order to keep your goals in sight. IMO it makes you think about what you're going to eat before you actually eat it and make better dietary decisions.
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 65. I have lost 34 kg and would like to lose around 10 kg. I would still be outside my supposed healthy BMI, but I'll reassess when I get there. I've had both hips and both knees replaced as a result of my former morbid obesity. I track calories, exercise on my recumbent bike most days. Once I got into a routine, it wasn't onerous and just becomes what you do.
  • Jmatievich
    Jmatievich Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating? I’m wondering if you are bored. Do you have a healthy, active peer group. It makes all the difference. Best of luck.