Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do sore abs affect your appetite?

I had a hard ab workout on Monday and ever since my abs have been sore. I have also not been very hungry at the same time even when one day I did not have breakfast. Is this normal that sore abs will affect your appetite?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I don't get DOMS type sore abs very often, but I do find after a good lifting session my abs feel 'tight'.

As I lift late afternoon I generally enjoy a smaller meal that night, but have a very late night extra supper (2nd half of my dinner), or a larger meal the next day once I have relaxed.

Cheers, h.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    jardane1 wrote: »
    I had a hard ab workout on Monday and ever since my abs have been sore. I have also not been very hungry at the same time even when one day I did not have breakfast. Is this normal that sore abs will affect your appetite?

not for me.
  • owen1826
    owen1826 Posts: 53 Member
    Yes, when I first started doing insanity my abs were sore and my appetite was reduced. Like my stomach was too tired to expand for food? Lol
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Yup. When I've done core work after slacking for a while, it's a *deep* stomach ache. I've never noticed it affecting my appetite, but it's definitely hurt.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I don't know, but if that's the case I need to do some serious ab work.

Me too :D
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Ever the contrarian, I experience exactly the opposite. If my abs are sore, it is from a hard workout and a hard workout makes me hungry. I don't tend to eat a lot of bulk; I lost my weight by eating less of things I like which are mostly somewhat calorie dense. So my stomach doesn't need room to expand for me to eat too much. When I am hungry from a hard workout, it is usually especially calorie dense foods that I crave.