Post Pool Hair

Options
I love swimming laps in the morning when no one is there but that means getting ready for work at the gym. I have long, easily frizzy hair and it is a pain in my butt. I would rather not haul a blow dryer and curling iron to the gym on my bike. I usually just tie it in a bun for work on pool days. Any of you ladies have different/better non-blowdryer or curling iron ideas or great post pool hair product suggestions?

Replies

• rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure to wash out the chlorine and get a good conditioner. When my hair is wet, I usually put in some mouse or finishing product, put it up in a bun with a hair claw and let it dry, then when I take it down it is in nice waves. My hair doesn't hold curl well, so if I want to keep them I have to spray in some hair spray. You could also try braiding your hair. I like french braiding my hair when it is damp. It holds better, I think.

Rachel
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ditto rgugs on the post wash and good conditioner. Also, be sure to totally wet your hair in regular water before getting in the pool (most public pools "require" you to shower before getting in anyway) - it will help keep your hair from soaking up the chlorine and chemicals.

Maybe think about altering your hairstyle a little bit if you're up for it. Something that will still look good with little to no styling. I always liked having bangs in that regard - people act like they're such a pain to deal with, but I could spend 5 minutes drying and fixing my bangs, throw the rest of my hair in a bun or just let it air dry all messy, and it would still look like I was put together.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I find a swimming cap essential