New Friends, New Diet

Hello all! I started the Keto diet 3 days ago. I have never stuck a diet out, but really pushing myself this time. Would love new supportive friends that want to share ideas, thoughts, and of course recipes! Let’s do this together(:

Replies

• chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    You’re going to do amazing!
  • jessdaytonxo
    jessdaytonxo Posts: 12 Member
    I’m 21 and I have been on Keto for a little over 3 months now. Coming from someone who over portioned food her whole life and loves sweets im 41lbs down so far and keto has been one of the only diets I actually enjoy sticking to and following. It helps a lot because it makes it clear pretty much what you can and can’t eat, which helps prevent me from digging into the wrong food and leading to any binges. Its great for jumpstarting weight loss and leaning out your body. My advice is to do research on what foods you can and cannot have along with some recipes before jumping in to avoid any confusion or frustration, because the first week or two of the diet may result in “keto flu”, causing fatigue and irriatability. Once you get through it your body will be transitioned into ketosis and you’ll start feeling great. If youre like me you’ll get to the point where theres no desire to cheat or binge. A simple google search of “keto foods” will bring up charts that pretty much show you whats ideal for every category in the food pryamid. There’s plenty of keto options or substitutes for a lot of foods that make it seem like its not even a diet or that its too good to be true haha. I went into the keto diet cold turkey and made the strict changes overnight, along with including intermittent fasting (an eating window of 12pm-7pm). I would advise to start with keto and if desired, to begin the intermittent fasting about 2 weeks into the diet to make a healthier transition. Some of my favorite recipes lately are stuffed peppers, cauliflower fried rice, and meatball casserole. Wishing you the best on your journey!