Back after 2nd pregnancy

Options
Hello everyone!!
This is my 3rd time around.
1st time- before pregnancy... I reached my goal. Then got pregnant and stopped logging in
2nd time- after second pregnancy.... didn’t reach my goal. Maybe I felt little unmotivated to lose all the weight because I wanted to get pregnant? I lost most of my pregnancy weight though.
3rd time- had my 2nd child 2 months ago. Last pregnancy. Now I feel really motivated because I don’t want more kids.

I’m so ready to have my pre-kids body. I know will take a while 1st because I’m breastfeeding and 2nd because real changes won’t happen to overnight.

Let’s stay strong everyone

Replies

• Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m postpartum too also breastfeeding! Let’s reach our goals 🙌🏼
  • dominiquechretien
    Options
    I’m postpartum too, after twins and a c-section. I really need to work on my belly, and hope I can get it back into shape won’t be able to do anything about the stretch marks that are there but that’s ok.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I’m postpartum too, after twins and a c-section. I really need to work on my belly, and hope I can get it back into shape won’t be able to do anything about the stretch marks that are there but that’s ok.

Have you tried dry brushing?? They will always be there that’s true, but dry brushing is supposed to make them look better.

I just started dry brushing for my cellulite... not happy about them lol.
  • Kmckee1979
    Kmckee1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Post-baby body is so different than trying to lose weight before I had kids. I also am done now, having 2 kids. I looked back when I tried this before and my starting weight then is my goal weight NOW! This is hard but I need to do it, for me....
  • PamelaKilcoyne
    PamelaKilcoyne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Also postpartum. 7 weeks monday after section for baby number 2. As well as losing weight im looking forward to getting my strength back . I found this pregnancy much harder than the first. I had spd and was absolutely huge (was constantly asked if i was nearly due/having twins from half way through). I pretty much stopped exercising by month 5 or 6. Because i was so big my stretch marks are really bad so will try thst dry brushing.! I lost the baby weight last time before going back to wrk but put some of it back on by time i got pregnant again 3.5 yrs later. Just lost motivation snd found it much harder to lose weight after babies than before. Id love to work up to running and maybe do a couple of 5ks next spring. 👩‍👦‍👦
  • daisymp678
    daisymp678 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m almost 3 months post partum and done with having kids as well. Time to lose the weight I’ve been holding onto for 10 yrs
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My son will be 3 in December and I'm still nursing him day and night. I lost almost 100lbs between my first kid and him. I gained it all back after my pregnancy and maintained it until this year. I'm down 20lbs so far. I know exactly how hard it is to lose postpartum, that's why I've waited almost 3 years to really buckle down lol.

The biggest difference between last time and this time is my approach to weight loss. I don't bother with adding calories for breastfeeding because my son has been nursing for so long that it's not a big deal if my supply drops. Last time I worked out every day and just did regular CICO. This time I'm doing low carb/keto so I don't have to work out every single day.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My son will also be 2 in December and I'm still breastfeeding, albeit much less than before and I'm in the very slowly process of weaning him. I still have about 5-10 lbs to go before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight, but I also plan on trying to have another baby in the next few years (it took a few years for me to get pregnant with my son to begin with, so it may not happen again before my husband and I decide to stop trying- which will be totally fine). It was incredibly hard for me to lose the weight that I have up til now, but I'm trying to take it all in stride
  • nearlymadeit
    nearlymadeit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I’m also trying to get back in shape after baby number 2. This pregnancy was awful, completely crippled from pelvic issues. It’s finally settling down 7 months post baby so I’m on a mission to get fit again. I have about 12lbs to loose. I’m logging everything I eat and trying to reduce carbs and portions. I’m exercising more too. It’s so blooming hard this time round. Two of my friends are on a get fit/loose weight mission too so we have a weekly weigh in and tell each other the results. Great for keeping the motivation up! My baby has just gone down for her morning nap so I’m on my spin bike. Then when she gets up we’ll walk/jog with the dogs. I will get slim 💪
  • nearlymadeit
    nearlymadeit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also had a c-section.