Stay at home mom trying to get healthy

Options
I've started and stopped dieting so many times I've lost count. I have two children who have trouble gaining weight and a husband who doesn't gain easily. I'm having a lot of trouble staying away from the high calorie foods they eat. My impulse control seems to be non existent lately. Anyone else have these problems?

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    What is currently working for me is I took my biggest weaknesses (curently candy and fried foods, mainly chips) and decided I will not have them until halloween, its been 2 weeks, and im doing ok.

I also do not buy junk food that I like, Hubby wants chips, I will buy kinds I dont like for him. Its hard at first, but does become habit if you stick with it
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'm right there with you. My kids (who are autistic) will only eat fast food, and my fiance is twig thin despite it.
  • vrobidoux
    vrobidoux Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday. I think another issue I have is looking too far forward. I'm seeing Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas in my head with alllll the food. I need to remember to focus on this day.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    vrobidoux wrote: »
    I had a good day yesterday. I think another issue I have is looking too far forward. I'm seeing Halloween Thanksgiving and Christmas in my head with alllll the food. I need to remember to focus on this day.

Just remember that if you have trouble on those days, it's definitely not the end. You'll find quite a few people on here that go all out on those days, but those are the ONLY days they do it. It's the daily habits that derail us, not the holidays.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Remember those are 3 days out of 365, and there are tons of threads about making it through the holidays. You can do this!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm also a SAHM to two kids that underweight and a husband that has a high calorie diet to keep up with his military training... honestly I have two separate food/meal lists. I make or buy them higher calorie items and get lower ones for myself that I enjoy and actually want. Helps keep the temptation down for me. Or I just try to make whatever they're eating that I want work within my calorie goal for the day/week.

Good luck!
  • DeterminedMummy94x
    DeterminedMummy94x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can relate, my 2 are 3 year old need extra calories, and my other half is athletic and struggles to gain weight. I often make my meals separate and lower calorie. Its hard though as there's always some high cal food temptation in the house.