Energy crash remedies...

Options
73CL350
73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
edited October 2018 in Motivation and Support
How do you deal with big energy crashes ?

Every day around 2:30 I want to sleep at my desk.

Today has been especially bad... only got a few hours sleep...had a major deadline at work and scrambled like a madman for 9.5 hours to do it... now I'm home and I can't find the energy to do dishes ... let alone treadmill or anything.

What are your "instant burst of energy" hacks ?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Adequate calories (all the time, not just 'grab a snack for quick energy' type food).

Sleep. I basically start turning into a pumpkin around 9:30pm weeknights. My husband has gotten used to it.

Some sunshine and fresh air, if possible. Even a quick stroll out to the parking lot and back.

ETA none of these are instant, with the possible exception of sunshine. I think you'll be better served addressing the root cause anyway.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get in a 15 min. nap? We have a relaxation room at work, or sometimes I'll just go to my car. Make sure you set your alarm though.
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have a sick baby so he cries a lot. It is very draining. I do catch naps where I can.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Coffee and get outside, even if just for 60 seconds. A short brisk walk is even better if possible. Splashing your face with ice cold water can help too.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    drinking lots of water has helped me funnilhy enough. also ample protein and carbs
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Oh. Babies. Little Energy Vampires.

I got nothin'. I get enough sleep and enough food...sorry buddy. It will get better in about 23 years.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I got nothin'. I get enough sleep and enough food...sorry buddy. It will get better in about 23 years.

Now, don't be dramatic. The night wakings will be greatly improved in about 16 years. The tears and tantrums, maybe notsomuch...
  • cmriverside
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Now, don't be dramatic. The night wakings will be greatly improved in about 16 years. The tears and tantrums, maybe notsomuch...

When they're 16 you're up all night sitting in the recliner hoping they come home safe. :naughty:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ...or maybe that was just my parents.