Cold Flashes...(Weight Loss)

Options
That is the best way I can describe it. I’m down almost 20lbs now over the last 5 weeks or so. I am now starting to get the occasional feeling of being cold that just comes out of nowhere.

I know it’s because I’m losing my insulation and I better get used to it, especially with winter coming up. My girlfriend is happy because we have to very different opinions on what the AC/Heat should be set at. Luckily the kids have mostly beef on my side, but if this keeps up I may end up on her side...sorry kids.

Anybody notice this with themselves?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Being cold is a pretty common effect of being in a calorie deficit, even when not much weight has come off. I will sometimes have a sudden desire to bundle up, usually after drinking water.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I do an intense workout, I’d get chills about half an hour after.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Always cold when in a deficit and directly after a workout
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 lbs in summer/fall of 2006, which put me at a normal weight for the first time in my life. That winter I was always cold. After that, my body adjusted.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    When I fits lost weight I'd get cold. Now I'm just cold all the time. I'm one of those have a sweater at all times
    It's odd though because my favourite sports take place on ice. I don't mind being cold there oddly
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love when I randomly feel cold... That's how I know I'm doing the deficit correctly hahaha.
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm down 20lbs and feel cold most of the time now. I assumed it was all the water I am drinking which I was not before.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Why does a calorie deficit cause you to get cold?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, less body fat. I’ve adapted after 3 years maintaining, but still run colder than I used too. I’ll be the one in the fleece jacket when it’s in the 70’s.