Stuck!

Options
I began this journey on here around 6 weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds. Not bad. But in the past couple weeks I seem to not have lost anything other than an ounce or two, which comes back during the week. In fact, every day my weight seems to fluctuate (I have to weigh every day to make sure I'm not in fluid retention).

So any ideas how to get out of this rut? I drink fluid. Lowered sodium to what's only in my foods naturally. And I average between 1250 and 1350 calories per day. I also work out (for the past two weeks) three times a week (I row for 10-15 minutes and do weights for toning.)

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If you weight every day use a weight trending app like Happy Scale. Fluctuations in weight are normal.
  • AndThenIWoreIt
    AndThenIWoreIt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There will always be slowdowns here and there — just keep working through them.

Can you make the time to increase that exercise? It will really help.
  • RunForPizza88
    RunForPizza88 Posts: 56 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Your upset that you've ONLY lost 13lbs in 6 weeks?!?
    Your first step towards success will be to re-evaluate what ‘stuck’ actually means. Be more patient and not so hard on yourself.
    If your tracking consistently and weighing all food on a digital food scale the fat will shift.
    Also 1200-1300...if it were me I wouldn’t be able to function for hunger....and I'm only 5ft1!
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've lost all your water weight ... the water weight is the easy stuff. Now to evaluate a true calorie goal and start burning fat.

What is your height and weight ?
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    There will always be slowdowns here and there — just keep working through them.

Can you make the time to increase that exercise? It will really help.

I have joined up with CRUNCH fitness. I finally found a device that works with my various physical issues: the rowing machine. In one week i've gone from 3 minutes to 5..hoping to build to 30!
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Your upset that you've ONLY lost 13lbs in 6 weeks?!?
    Your first step towards success will be to re-evaluate what ‘stuck’ actually means. Be more patient and not so hard on yourself.
    If your tracking consistently and weighing all food on a digital food scale the fat will shift.
    Also 1200-1300...if it were me I wouldn’t be able to function for hunger....and I'm only 5ft1!

No I've been upset that in two weeks hence I've lost nothing :( I would welcome 1/2 pound actually.