Starting over

Options
Just starting over. I'm almost 44, a wife and mother of two boys 17 and 14 and I'm just tired. I'm Tired of being tired and I'm tired of never finishing my weight loss journey. So I'm on a mission to lose weight, especially for my oldest son's graduation. I have a 100 pounds to lose and I'm Ready this time. So I need some girl support. I'm ready!!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You've got a great goal! I found I had more energy and wasn't tired all the time once I resumed exercising. I started with taking a 20 to 30 minute walk most days of the week. If you're working outside the home, you can probably fit that in as a de-stresser before you make dinner. If you aren't working, you can do this while your sons are at school. They're also old enough to stay at home alone if the only time you have to do this is after they get home.

As I got closer to my goal I discovered that I'd been carrying so much extra weight it was no wonder I was exhausted. When I lost 20 pounds, I went to the produce section of my grocery store and picked up sacks of potatoes to feel what those 20 pounds felt like. OMG! A real eye-opener. Be sure to drink more water, sometimes dehydration contributes to feeling lethargic.