Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

No energy/motivation

How do I start to build up my energy and motivation. I end every night wanting to start the next day and each day I fail to have any motivation or energy and full of excuses. Every morning I’m tired and dragging. How did I kickstart my mind and body?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Start when you resolve to do it. You don’t have to wait until morning.

Every choice you make is a fresh start.

If you are not a morning person make your changes at your peak energy time.

Maybe find an accountability partner.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    For me it was the day I hit the wall. And said no more, I only have myself and no one else to blame for all my bad food choices day after day. And what was I willing to do about it? I think each person has to get to the point where they internally say enough is enough.
    Your SO cannot make you change, family cannot make you change, friends cannot make you change. Only YOU can make you change. And until you get to the point where you say enough is enough. You will keep making excuses, say you are too tired, and will start my diet tomorrow, or next week, next month, next year and so on.
    I know I am guilty of all that I wrote here. But for me it was May 5, 2018 where I said enough is enough you are killing yourself, too much prescription medication, feel like crap all of the time. What are you going to do about it? And I decided I had to make a change, lots of changes.
    Today is Saturday October 13th, and I have logged, and weighed food every day since then. Took me awhile to start exercising as had to get some of the flab off first. Oh me my plan is to lose 130 pounds so it will be a long journey, and then my destination for life will be to maintain the loss. Reason for long answer, is each of has to decide the time has come to change our relationship with food. Best of luck.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,867 Member
    You don't need motivation, you need to start new habits. Of course it's going to be hard, but are you really motivated and eager to start the daily grind at work, all the time? Or to take out the trash? Or do everything else that's a chore, but has become a habit? No... you just do them because you have to. Eventually, you'll work up the discipline. That is, if you're getting enough sleep. If not, I would suggest to start there.

Of course it's easier with motivation, from outside or within, but in lieu of that... determination and powering through work just as well.

I'd say good luck, but you don't need that either. All the ingredients are there :wink:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,433 Member
    lkrom09 wrote: »
    How do I start to build up my energy and motivation. I end every night wanting to start the next day and each day I fail to have any motivation or energy and full of excuses. Every morning I’m tired and dragging. How did I kickstart my mind and body?

Are you crash dieting? Are you eating too few calories? If so, that might be part of the problem
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Agree with SabAteNine ...develop the habit. Mon to Fri, my alarm goes off earlier and I workout first thing in the morning. It is the most convenient and consistent time for me and has become part of my routine.