i need advice but please don't' slate me.......

Options
2»

Replies

• Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think if you just have a steady day to day of some higher calorie amount you'd be okay, because then it would just feel like every day is an average day and not some weird fight / cycle with yourself. And your body would be come used to it not freaked out and like get confused and stop losing or something.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're only 3 lbs. from your goal, according to your ticker. You should eat more now, because when you reach your goal, you'll need to start eating at a maintenance level, and it's a bad idea to switch suddenly from a serious deficit to 800-900 more calories per day.

I agree that the low calorie-binge cycle isn't healthy; it unconsciously reinforces the idea that overeating is a reward for virtue, rather than simply a problem that most of us need to address head on.

Congratulations on being so close to the end, and good luck!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i know its something i need to work on and as of tomorrow i am going to start my new journey good amount of calories and exercise i know has worked before so will work again thanks again guys x
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When i read the OP, (first topic) I am hearing the words "cheat days" a bit too much, almost like the focus is on the cheat days. I think a cheat day (or a cheat meal) is supposed to be a day to enjoy some more food, not make it a way of life. Sounds like you're making it a way of life, which means you are not on a healthy way of eating for the rest of your life.

It might be better to not to from one extreme to another and just every day eat moderately, not starve one day and then binge another.

Sounds like you could work on better controlling your cravings so that you wont have to have a cheat day because every day will feel like a cheat day because you found a way to make delicious food which you enjoy and you wont look for that little vacation from healthy eating.