Starting weight loss journey & would love friends to support

Options
RMMH123
RMMH123 Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all. I am new to this app and am today starting my weight loss journey and would love friends to lean on for support along the way.

I am 33 years old, have 2 children and am a working mum. For the last 10 years my weight has been creeping up however I am now at my heaviest and have almost 100lbs to lose. I struggle with pcos and severe anaemia as my body cannot absorb iron or vitamin b12. I am very self-conscious and uncomfortable in my own body and I would really appreciate words of encouragement along my weight loss journey and support.

My goal is to get back to looking how I did on my wedding day (my profile pic) however would celebrate any loss over the coming months.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello!!! I'd love to be pals!! You look lovely in you photo and if that's what your goals are then you so an do it girl!๐ŸŒผ

What is the hardest, diet or exercise? Try to figure which you are better at and work on making it the norm for you, ie...if you are better at scheduling a workout or walk, make sure instead. Of once a week you try 3 or 4 times a week, once that is under your belt then go for the harder stuff.....

For me diet is easier, it's getting in exercise that is tough...so I committed to logging everything and lost 20 lbs in my own, but now it's slowing down and I need to work on the exercise to get more results.

I hope that makes some sense of helps a little, but please let me know what you think and we can brainstorm on ways to keep us motivated.

Hugs!๐ŸŒผ Ali
  • RMMH123
    Options
    Hi Ali! Thank you for your insight.

Tbh I find it very difficult to find time to exercise - leave for work at 7am and not back by 7pm when it's the mum duties that take up the rest of the evening.

I know I fill up on junk at lunch and then eat dinner late at night.

I hope to cut back my calorie intake while increasing nutrition to help with my health conditions. I hope to be able to make time to exercise but that is definitely a work on progress at the moment.

Would love any tips on how you lost your initial 20lbs.

๐Ÿ˜บ

Rabia.x
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hey Rabia!

I hear you about the mom duty, it's never ending but so worth it just the same!๐Ÿ’—

The first 20 was just from.making conscious effort to stop eating at night after the kiddo went to bed, and not skipping meals which would only make me more ravenous at night. Also I tried to get more sleep, instead of using that time as "me time" and reading of something, I slept because when you're tired you eat way more!

My sister was doing weight watchers free style so I did it with her for a month or two and it was working well but my losses were at a stand still and remembered mfp was free and could be used to track more thoroughly and also exercise.

The plan was easy, things like plain chicken breast, tuna, fish and seafood, even shrimp! As well.as eggs, fat free Greek yogurt, beans, and all fruits and veggies even corn were free and you could eat until you were full but not overkill ya know? Then everything else had points say, bread was 2 pts per slice and skin milk was 2pts per 8 oz and cereal like mini wheat s were 5 pts per cup etc...and for me I had 23 pts a day to use plus all the free stuff....it made decisions easier without worrying too much of i wanted a snack and grabbed some grapes, I didn't have to count them or a hard boiled egg.two of my fav. Go tos for snacks because they were freebies as long as say I didn't eat 4 eggs or 2lbs of grapes etc....taught me moderation and healthy choices could fill me and I'd still lose weight!

Whew sorry fan on abit....but that was how I did it and if you have any questions i would be sooo happy to help if I can!

Hugs and chat soon!๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ
    Ali
  • RMMH123
    Options
    Don't say sorry -you have been so helpful! Thank you for taking the time to go through it for me. I really appreciate it and will definitely be using your helpful tips! Have a nice evening. X
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I lost my 1st 50lbs w/o working out. Actually I have a harder time losing while exercising and dieting. My diary is open if you want to see my daily meals.
  • RMMH123
    Options
    Thank you Brian. I definitely have a peek - doing my grocery shop today so need to do my meal plans first.