Replies

• bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow this is awesome information
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great stories! Congratulations to all of you and thank you for posting. Very motivating.
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump for whenever I need inspiration.

You r all such great role models for taking control of ur health.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I have a support thread for all people who have at least 100 lbs to lose or more. You're welcome to participate in it - its very helpful to read and post to. Having daily support is also helpful in losing the weight. Here's a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1048738-need-to-lose-100-lbs-robins-thread
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs in about 7 months (May 16 - Dec 25). I stood in my calorie range, logged every bit of food no matter how teenie it was.
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I will let you know next year at this time!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Tracking everything, stopped stuffing myself and walking. It took about 9 to 10 months for the first 100:drinker:
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    the screw wasnt tight enough....hahaha get it "loose", "lose", hahaha
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I woke up every morning and asked myself "How Bad I You Want it?" The Answer was always "PRETTY DAMN BAD!"

My doctor put me on the Insulin Resistance diet (Link and Balance/Low Carb) when we found out my insulin levels were sky high. I also had PCOS due to my weight. Being sick all the time was a good motivator to do something about my health. I started following the diet and the weight just melted off. I also did water aerobic and Zumba.

It has taken me 16 months to lose 101 pounds. This includes a 3 month maintaining period during a really busy time at work.

Good luck!
  • thinklivebefree
    Options
    To be honest, I stopped making excuses, I bought some gym clothes and I hit the gym 7 days a week for the 1st 2 months, I logged everything I ate, literally... good or bad,....I didnt eat "extra" because my MFP calculator said I earned a few more calories, I stopped drinking soda, stopped drinking juice...What ever the machine said i burned I would round down to the nearest 100 (ex I burned 584, nope I burn 500) simple things like that go along way I stopped eating out, nothing that's purchased at a fast food restaurant is healthy I DONT CARE WHO TELLS YOU SUCH FOOLOISHNESS!!! AND I strength trained, HEAVY!
  • thinklivebefree
    Options
    Oh I Lost 108.6 lbs in 175 DAYS
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well it was really difficult. I hit about 362 pounds at 21.
    It was devastating, and took an emotional toll because that is supposed to be your party time, I never felt like partying.
    So I got sick of it, and I snapped.
    I had the help of a good friend who actually helped me think I could do it.
    Pushed me to start. I got from 310-280, and then after he and I broke up I kept going.
    Now I'm down to 215. :) Almost 147 pounds with 40 more left to go.

I'm actually restarting my efforts TODAY, so this is a reminder of what I need to do too.
    Log log log, even if you go over. Even if you eat a giant hamburger from red robin and 3 baskets of fries (Can you tell my weakness?) log it so you have to see what you've consumed. I had no idea one of their meals was 1300 calories, only 100 less than what I want to eat in a day.
    Move, try to move every single day. I know that sounds daunting at the beginning but wait until you clear your first mile, then your first 5k. There's definitely a sense of inner accomplishment, and it gets easier about after the 2nd or 3rd week.
    Involve your doctor: Not everyone needs the same calorie and macro counts. For instance most people at my calories you can eat like 209 grams of carbs, but because I was diabetic, I still to 150-170. Getting your doctor involved helps you know what your body needs for it's current condition.
    Build a support group: Welcome to MFP! Find people you have connections with and support each other.

Oh and FORGET fad diets. You don't want to start out at a low crazy diet calorie count and reset your metabolism. Then going over will have a bigger impact on things like blood sugar, and insulin sensitivity.

Hoping for the best for you!
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    ♥ Logging Daily
    ♥ Exercise
    ♥ Portion Control
    ♥ Strength Training

Took about 15 months since I still eat junk food.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    logged everything i ate
    gym 6 days a week
    started at 1200 calories a day and slowly worked my way up to 2000
    ate clean
    made 0 excuses

8 months 10 days 128 pounds.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    how did you loose a 100 lbs and how long did it take

OP, thank you for asking this question and Everyone who answered, thank you very much for sharing your strategies!
    This thread will be my go-to for inspiration.
  • Featfabtastic
    Options
    Awesome question, and inspiring responses. Thank you to everyone!
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow look at all these results ..amazing ...
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!