To eat or not to eat, that is the question

Just joined for the first time this week. I'm very active in local community theatre, and finally decided I was tired of last years costumes not fitting this year. I have trouble finding time for exercise, so I'm mainly relying on counting calories for weight loss. I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds, but I'm not really looking at that as a goal. A few years ago, I quit smoking by just deciding one day to see how long I could go without one and took it one day at a time. That worked then, so I'm hoping the same general plan will work now.

I'm fun loving, flirty, naughty and nice with a very wicked sense of humor. I love making new friends so feel free to do whatever one does here to make someone a friend.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    No, what and how much to eat are the questions. Not eating really isn't an option, unlike smoking.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    As long as you take in fewer calories than you are burning doesn't matter if you exercise or not. Exercise just makes it easier.

One day at a time is the way to do it
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    No, what and how much to eat are the questions. Not eating really isn't an option, unlike smoking.

This.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Hi and welcome! I'm almost to my 50 pounds goal, and I lost the first 25 with no extra exercise, so it's totally possible. I quit smoking the same way you did, too! Counting calories definitely works, with determination and patience.
    You will have to choose "not to eat" more often, it's a bummer, but it's really worth it. :)

Everybody else - OP isn't saying he's stopping eating, he's just making a play on the Shakespeare line.
  • AliNouveau
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome! I'm almost to my 50 pounds goal, and I lost the first 25 with no extra exercise, so it's totally possible. I quit smoking the same way you did, too! Counting calories definitely works, with determination and patience.
    You will have to choose "not to eat" more often, it's a bummer, but it's really worth it. :)

Everybody else - OP isn't saying he's stopping eating, he's just making a play on the Shakespeare line.

Did you know I thought they were referring more to the fact he said he decided to stop smoking and he did. The title didn't register haha. I assumed the title had to do with his being a thespian.
  • Thespian1961
    Thespian1961 Posts: 107 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Did you know I thought they were referring more to the fact he said he decided to stop smoking and he did. The title didn't register haha. I assumed the title had to do with his being a thespian.

Yes, it was meant to be an allusion to my acting. :)

Thanks for chiming in!
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Welcome! I'm new too and way back when the dinosaurs walked I quit smoking too, cold turkey after bronchitis for three weeks, so more like coughing turkey?😏

To joke or bomb that is my question😋

Ps I love Shakespeare and had the best professor in college who would take us to all the plays, not an easy profession, but a wonderful one, good for you!!!

Hugs🌼
    Ali
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Whether 'this nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger...
  • AliNouveau
    What's in a name? That which we call chocolate
    By any other name would tast as sweet.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    We know what we are, but know not what we may eat....💀😏
  • Thespian1961
    Thespian1961 Posts: 107 Member
    "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous,
    there shall be no more cakes and ale?"

Toby Belch, Twelfth Night