Today is my 44th birthday and 5 year maintenance anniversary! (with pix)

Options

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    First off: Happy Birthday! I’ve know you for quite a while here on MFP and you are very inspiring! So much so that you motivated me to run more even when others said it was too much. You have done an amazing job my awesome friend!!

Thank you so much! You have done exceptionally well yourself! So glad we have been friends during this journey <3:)
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy birthday to you! Today's my birthday too! Birthday buddies!

You look amazing, and I admire your success. I also love hiking, but haven't really tried trail running. You're so inspiring!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Happy, happy birthday to you! Today's my birthday too! Birthday buddies!

You look amazing, and I admire your success. I also love hiking, but haven't really tried trail running. You're so inspiring!

Hi bday buddy! Enjoy your birthday too! B)
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,311 Member
    Options
    I've seen your before and after pics on some other threads this summer, but I didn't realize you have been maintaining for 5 years!!! That's amazing and inspiring!

Happy Birthday!!!
  • Mykatet
    Mykatet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Looking fabulous! Happy birthday and cheers to good health
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Five years maintaining! Congrats! Great accomplishment.
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful and also about 35 yrs old! :) To be able to wear those white shorts....! It is amazing, you are an inspiration for running and working out! Thank you!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    I've seen your before and after pics on some other threads this summer, but I didn't realize you have been maintaining for 5 years!!! That's amazing and inspiring!

Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks! It’s been quite a journey and a continuing work in progress :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Mykatet wrote: »
    Looking fabulous! Happy birthday and cheers to good health

Thanks! Indeed health is my number one priority and the whole reason I started this journey! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Five years maintaining! Congrats! Great accomplishment.

Thanks! It hasn’t always been easy but it’s certainly been worth the effort! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Claucescu wrote: »
    You look absolutely wonderful and also about 35 yrs old! :) To be able to wear those white shorts....! It is amazing, you are an inspiration for running and working out! Thank you!

Thanks! In my previously sedentary lifestyle, I never dreamed I’d ever think of myself as athletic or identity myself as a runner but it just goes to show... it’s certainly never too late to start! :)
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing and happy birthday 🎉
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    Great job! Thanks for sharing and happy birthday 🎉

Thank you! :)
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and I'm SOOOO envious of your legs! LOL I'm 42... really need to get my butt in gear!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You run barefoot outdoors?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing....I can't imagine trail running barefoot...ouch!!
    Happy Birthday to you...you look so great and happy:))
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    JaimeLaRae wrote: »
    You look wonderful and I'm SOOOO envious of your legs! LOL I'm 42... really need to get my butt in gear!

Thanks! I led a completely sedentary life up until age 38 and I’m now a believer that it’s never too late to start exercising! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options

Yup! Long story, perhaps I’ll make another post about it, but essentially I run barefoot because I find it so much fun! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing....I can't imagine trail running barefoot...ouch!!
    Happy Birthday to you...you look so great and happy:))

Thanks! Just like anything, all it takes is dedication, practice and technique... after all there was life before Nike, right? ;)
  • flamenco92627
    flamenco92627 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your pics are fabulous!! Thank you for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!