Calories in cooked rice?

Options
I keep seeing really different numbers when I try to log brown rice. I don’t know if it’s calculating it cooked or raw. But basically all I want to know is the total nutrition for half a cup of cooked brown rice. Carbs, fats, protein. Help! Lol!

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the package? It would give the calories and nutrition info for the uncooked rice. Weigh the portion before cooking and you're good to go.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options

When I cook brown rice I get a cup of rice out of a portion of uncooked rice.

That's about a half-portion, so use one of the "cooked" entries in the database. So about 70-100 calories.

It's not a perfect solution, weighing it uncooked is the best way.
  • XpressMural
    XpressMural Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Generally 100g of cooked rice is around ~110 cals. If the packaging reads that amount for the weight then that's cooked calories.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    A half cup isn’t a very exact measurement. I can cram a lot of cooked rice into a half cup. The most precise thing to do is to weigh the rice before cooking, and use a database entry for uncooked rice.
  • Hogan1956
    Hogan1956 Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    1/4 cup uncooked brown rice = 3/4 cup cooked = 150 calories, 32g carbs, 1g total fat and 3grams of protein. So for 1/2 cup cooked it would read 100 calories,21g carbs, 1g fat, and 2g protein.