Any other short torso/long leg females?

Options

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    5'7, short torso and long legs and wide hips.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Me. Almost 5'9"...freakishly long legs, long arms, wide shoulders, short torso. Buying clothing that is properly proportioned is often a challenge.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have particularly long legs, but my torso is very short. I'm 5'5, but have the shop the petite's department for dresses and some blouses.

I look fine clothed:

IMG_5029.jpg

But these are supposed to be "mid-rise" shorts that "sit below the waist."

IMG_5030.jpg

Try not to laugh too hard imagining what high-waisted 80s jeans looked like on me. There was about an inch between the top of my pants and the bottom of my bra! :laugh:

It's worse when I'm carrying a few extra pounds.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I am the same height as you but the exact opposite (short legs, long torso). So regular length jeans are too long and nearly everything rides up in the crotch. If you'd be interested in trading, please contact me. :laugh:

ETA: having a longer torso doesn't mean that you'd carry less fat there. Trust me on this one.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My husband and mother both make fun of me about how high up my waist is when wearing pants/shorts. It's a favorite topic with both of them! My husband gets punched for it, don't have the courage to punch mom. She may only be 5'2" but I'm pretty sure I'd still end up getting a belt to the butt somehow!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'11" with a 33 inch inseam. Obviously my height is all in my legs. :)

I also have very long arms and while long sleeved shirts made for tall women hit me at the wrist, they are too long on my body. My one and only trip to a Tall Girl store was a major disappointment. I just buy regular tops and live with the sleeves hitting two inches above my wrists. The only misses tops with sleeves long enough for my arms are from Victoria's Secret (Yes, They sell actual clothes).

The only pants that I wear are jeans, but that's because I have narrow hips and I think I look funny in slacks. It looks fine in denim, but not in khaki. If I'm not wearing jeans or shorts, then I'm wearing skirts or dresses.

My belly fat is the last to go as well, but I think it has more to do with being an apple than with having a shorter torso.
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this thread generated some responses!

Trying to find pants is torture for me. American Eagle jeans in long are usually the only kind I find "compatible" with my body! I have to buy long dress pants as well.

Shorts are the WORST....if I wore them naturally at my waist--they'd be hiked way up and then end up being SUPER SUPER short and very unattractive!! Old Navy shorts seem to be ok for me--but I have to buy the longer length to avoid pulling them out of my crotch all day! (TMI?!)

LorinaLynn--your pictures made me laugh out loud because I am the EXACT same way! Those shorts would do the same thing on me. :)

Glad I found you ladies! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" with a 34" inseam. Yep, all legs. I can barely get my thumb between my ribs and my hipbone. Pregnancy was very tough!

I have never had a thin waist, even at my leanest. In high school, I had to wear boys jeans. 27" student slim Levis x34 length.

Any extra weight I had went straight to my midsection. I have lost just about every bit of fat I can from every other body part at this point, and am hoping that the last 30 lbs will finally come off my belly.

Being a long-legged Weeble is not fun!:sad:
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh Debbie--I hear ya!! My pregnancy was a breeze but it was not comfortable! I gained almost all the weight right in the front of my belly since there was nowhere else for it to go! You couldn't tell I was pregnant from the back--but from the side...wow! There just wasn't anywhere for her to go!

My inseam is generally 33-34 also....it's hard to find jeans and work pants that are long enough but not too long!
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yep, 33 inseam 5'-6" in height. My waist has always been thick since I have a short torso and wide rib cage. There is about 1-1/2" space between my ribs and hips. Had the same pregnancy issues, in fact since I carried "so far out" I had to wear a harness to support my belly for the last 2.5 months. I really need to work on my waist as that is generally the last area to lose weight. Oh, BTW, my bra size is 36A. :-(
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My daughter would be envious of your 33 to 34 inch inseams. Since she was about 13 or 14 her inseam was 36"......and at that time she was super thin, there were no pants her size. She is now pregnant with her first child and has had a very uncomfortable pregnancy even though she is 5' 10" there doesn't seem to be enough room for the baby. She loves shorts and capris :-)
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always felt this way about myself. My legs seem to get stuck in cars, fariground rides, planes, trains you name it
    And my body just got squished up in the process
    All my fat lives in 3 distinct areas: boobs, under boob fat and pooch!
    Yet my legs stretch on forever, dry as they are till they reach my massive smelly feet, that have to be a size 8 to support them so nice shoes are hard to find too!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Princess, be glad you have those size 8's! My size 6's DON'T support me and I have the ankle damage to prove it. I had a podiatrist basically explain to me that my tendons are so worthless now my feet are sort of just hanging off the bottom of my legs! I can fully dislocate my feet OFF my leg and they'll just pop right back on.... My options are surgery on both feet, or never play sports again.
  • yellowbd
    yellowbd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know how the short torso thing feels. I am only 5'5" but have a 36-38" inseam....ridiculous
  • karenmckeating
    karenmckeating Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am just very oddly sized completely. I have long legs (I wear longer length jeans than my hubby who is a few inches taller than me) but I also have problems with things that have an in built belt on them, for example a raincoat/trench from M and S that the belt loops sit on my ribs rather than at my natural waist, and a dress from GAP that does the same. They just feel uncomfortable the whole time and I often end up taking the belts out of the loops. I have no boobs (as a teenager, slow dancing at a disco the boy I was dancing with compared me to an ironing board, and my daughter tells everyone I get my boobs out of the drawer), I have hips, with really sticky out hip bones even when a stone heavier, and my legs are so skinny that I can never get boots to fit. I am a total freak.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel like you pinch something inbetween them sometimes when you move too fast? I've actually yelped out loud doing that and my husband looks at me like I'm crazy. I'm waiting for the time when I accidentally squish something important doing it....

Hahaha yes!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Trying to find pants is torture for me. American Eagle jeans in long are usually the only kind I find "compatible" with my body! I have to buy long dress pants as well.

Yup! AE jeans in X-Long for me :)
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I'm 5'4" and have to buy long jeans! mid-rise jeans come up to my belly button. I carry extra weight in my middle and it drives me crazy
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    This is me! I'm 5'8 but have legs (and arms) that should be on someone 6' tall. Sadly my torso makes up the difference and is really short. My high hip bones always seem to give me a muffin top whatever my size but I'm slowly trying to shrink it by decreasing BF.