3am nibble anyone?

2»

Replies

• H0ckeyplaya55
    H0ckeyplaya55 Posts: 44 Member
    lunnon1984 wrote: »
    cruzn27 wrote: »
    Hi u talk about eating at 3am my shame is having wicker baskets on the head of my bed use to keep candies cookies whatever I’d just reach up and grab. I had the gastric sleeve done 5 yrs ago loss 175lbs can’t eat much but can snack like crazy so much so that in 5 yrs I’ve gained 50lbs back. So i picked Monday yesterday to start another eating plan since I have to have a snack in the middle of the night I’ve chosen to keep one of those small packs of plain Ritz whole wheat crackers in the basket and a large bottle of water sometimes I go into the kitchen and put a little peanut butter on about 5 crackers eat and go back to sleep. it’s really helping I started this 2 wks ago. I know crackers could never take the place of a great Hershey bar. I wish u luck this is hard.

Thank you! I have tried everything even tried eating healthy things when I wake up but my body craves sugar not healthy celery or carrots at 3am!
    I hope you manage to kick the 3am habbit too!! x

Have your tried to eat fruit? Celery and carrots don’t give your body the sugar it’s craving ... you can trick your mind into feeding it “healthy” sugars by eating fruit instead of eating processed sugars
  • lunnon1984
    lunnon1984 Posts: 32 Member
    lunnon1984 wrote: »
    cruzn27 wrote: »
    Hi u talk about eating at 3am my shame is having wicker baskets on the head of my bed use to keep candies cookies whatever I’d just reach up and grab. I had the gastric sleeve done 5 yrs ago loss 175lbs can’t eat much but can snack like crazy so much so that in 5 yrs I’ve gained 50lbs back. So i picked Monday yesterday to start another eating plan since I have to have a snack in the middle of the night I’ve chosen to keep one of those small packs of plain Ritz whole wheat crackers in the basket and a large bottle of water sometimes I go into the kitchen and put a little peanut butter on about 5 crackers eat and go back to sleep. it’s really helping I started this 2 wks ago. I know crackers could never take the place of a great Hershey bar. I wish u luck this is hard.

Thank you! I have tried everything even tried eating healthy things when I wake up but my body craves sugar not healthy celery or carrots at 3am!
    I hope you manage to kick the 3am habbit too!! x

Have your tried to eat fruit? Celery and carrots don’t give your body the sugar it’s craving ... you can trick your mind into feeding it “healthy” sugars by eating fruit instead of eating processed sugars

I said I was going to try and haven't yet...still been going for the biscuits but tonight come 3am I am eating grapes!! Hope it works ...thank you!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    I would try a glass of milk. If not sweet enough, chocolate milk (make your own not the super sweet pre-mixed). Milk helps make you sleepy, protein to fill you up, the water hydrates you. It’s what I will quite often do for insomnia.
  • crissting
    crissting Posts: 25 Member
    No, no, no!. 3 a.m. nibbling is what has been keeping my extra weight on. I cannot do this any longer.
  • lunnon1984
    crissting wrote: »
    No, no, no!. 3 a.m. nibbling is what has been keeping my extra weight on. I cannot do this any longer.

I hope you kick the habbit! I haven't been able to do it yet!
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    I think 99% of this behavior is habitual. Unless you have blood sugar issues.

Try a glass of water if you wake up w that craving, and commit to doing it for a month. See if that helps break the craving.
  • lunnon1984
    I think 99% of this behavior is habitual. Unless you have blood sugar issues.

Try a glass of water if you wake up w that craving, and commit to doing it for a month. See if that helps break the craving.

Will give it a go, thank you :)
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    I used to get up every night around 3am, and would reach for cookies, chocolate or cakes. Anything sweet. I just decided it had to stop otherwise I was sabotaging my efforts! I would personally rather have my calories during the day. After a while, it gets easier and I stopped waking in the night. At first if I really had to have something, I'd either have a glass of water, a sip of juice or a strawberry or two. Now though I never eat at night. To me it was more of a habit, I think it's easier to deal with night cravings because once you fall back asleep you don't think about it lol. Good luck ox
  • lunnon1984
    xmarye wrote: »
    I used to get up every night around 3am, and would reach for cookies, chocolate or cakes. Anything sweet. I just decided it had to stop otherwise I was sabotaging my efforts! I would personally rather have my calories during the day. After a while, it gets easier and I stopped waking in the night. At first if I really had to have something, I'd either have a glass of water, a sip of juice or a strawberry or two. Now though I never eat at night. To me it was more of a habit, I think it's easier to deal with night cravings because once you fall back asleep you don't think about it lol. Good luck ox

OMG you hit the nail on the head! Once you fall back asleep you really dont think about it...until you have to log it on mfp! Last night I woke up and had some juice and that seemed to do the trick ... hopefully tonight the same! Thank you x
  • RandyInOklahaoma
    RandyInOklahaoma Posts: 12 Member
    I do it from time to time. Last night i craved peanut butter and jelly at 1am.....bad me
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I hate waking up in the middle of the night hungry. I've tried lots of bed time snacks that I hoped would help - while some did that, digesting some of my choices weren't as successful (nuts in particular...ug)

I found a bowl of oatmeal w/ a few banana slices and a couple spoons of plain yogurt (or cottage cheese) works really well.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    i keep andes mints in my nightstand. i wake up and want something sweet its about 27 calories. and back to sleep.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I would never lose weight if I kept up 3:00 am snacking.
    Put those grapes in the freezer to get those teeth aching so possibly 3:00 am feeding will equal pain in a negative sense.
  • lunnon1984
    I do it from time to time. Last night i craved peanut butter and jelly at 1am.....bad me

One of my favs!