Uncooked pasta

Options
Hi people - after years of using mfp databases suddenly I don't seem to be able to find a clear entry for Tesco's spaghetti - uncooked weight. I may be havign a thick day but their own website is equally unclear. Can anyone help? It is a standard durum wheat spaghetti. Thanks in hope

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You can make your own.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You can make your own.

I cook most things from scratch but cannot be doing with making pasta :D:D:D Thanks for the suggestion though X
  • motivatedmartha
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »

Yep - presumably the 170g quoted is cooked weight? Does that equate to their suggestion of 75g per person and is that dry?

They used to state it clearly. I really am being thick today
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I was confused about Franc's comment, maybe he meant make your own entry into the DB?
    Looking at the info Deviette provided I think the weight is the dry (uncooked) weight.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »

Yep - presumably the 170g quoted is cooked weight? Does that equate to their suggestion of 75g per person and is that dry?

They used to state it clearly. I really am being thick today

I hate it when they do this, but yes, the 170g that they stated is the cooked weight. And yes, the 75g per person is dry pasta and will "cook" into 170g.

So, as the nutritional information is in cooked weight, the 100g of cooked weight equates to approximately 44.5g of dry pasta. For this specific example, what you need to do is set up your database entry using the data given, then to workout the amount that you should be inputting, multiply your weighed dry weight by 2.27 (=170/75) to give your cooked weight for entry.

:smiley:
  • motivatedmartha
    Options
    Aha! - google gave me an mfp answer that I couldn't find on the database for some reason and it kind of ties in with Tesco's packet.
    100g of DRY pasta = 355 cals
    The recommended serving is 75G dry weight = 266.25 cals ( I usually have more ;) )
    The front of the Tescos's packet gives the calories per 170g as 286 cals. This therefore must be the cooked weight.