Fast food lunch. Best option

Options
Hi folks. I'm sort of new. (Lifetime WW member, Plant based dabbler, MFP member a few years back got too busy to track)

Hit alt/control/delete and rebooted before I get too close to the number which shall never be mentioned again!!!!

Joined the gym last Friday. Took a rest day Sunday.

Tried to catch a Spin class at 5 am (the sore throat won) didn't make it but still had to scramble out the door by 7 am for a phone conference meeting.

Made the meeting but now have no lunch. Grrr!

Plan on doing a DVD tonight after choir practice.

In the meantime What's for lunch?

Also, do ya'll eat all of your exercise calories or do you just earn them and only use on a special occasion. Talking about a "normal " week.

Finally getting back to me after 3 years of chaos.

Replies

• carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Options by me are Wendy's Taco bell but we're having tacos at home tonight
    Chik fil a, Arby's Subway and Raising Caine's (chicken place)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Wendy's salads are good but a bit pricey. Chick-Fil-A has great options if you can control yourself around the waffle fries :wink: But I'm sure you could find something to fit your calorie budget at any of those places!

The site is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories. Most people start with only eating a portion (say 50% or 75%) to allow for over-estimating of burns and as a bit of a cushion for logging, watch the results, and adjust from there :smile:
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Options by me are Wendy's Taco bell but we're having tacos at home tonight
    Chik fil a, Arby's Subway and Raising Caine's (chicken place)

Taco bell: Love the power menu bowl. ~500 calories as is. Get no rice, drop it to about 330 calories.

Arby's: Just a classic roast beef. Regular is 360 calories, double is 510.

Wendy's: Either grilled chicken sandwich (370 calories) or spicy chicken sandwich (510 calories)

As far as eating back exercise calories, I usually save them for the weekend unless I am particularly hungry. I know that when I go to the gym, I typically burn 250-300 calories so I know what to plan for.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My go to at Wendy’s is a baked potato with a side salad and pomegranate vinaigrette dressing
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A, grilled club and share the fries with the kids. I just take a hit. I used to get the side salad but with ranch dressing it isn't much better.

Wendy's - Jr bacon cheeseburger, Jr Fries, diet soda/water

Arby's - Regular Roast Beef (or Medium), Jr/snack size fries. diet/water, or forgo the fries. They give me gas anyway.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    As far as eating back calories, it depends...

At the gym, I do mostly intense cardio; HR in the 150 range, occasionally creeping to 160, which is the recommended max for my age. I usually do that for 30 minutes to an hours and circuit train for a half hour; don't know HR for that but it is definitely lower. Sometimes I go paddle my SUP 5 to 10 miles and it is a short, slow inflatable, so long distance is a hard slog. At home I do TRX in 15 minute circuits every now and then. Yesterday I went to the gym and paddled. That was enough to log conservatively and still be over 500. Days when it's just a half hour of TRX I might log 150 or just ignore it.
  • alyoh94
    alyoh94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly obsessed with Chik-fil-a's grilled chicken nuggets 😍 The only downfall is that I live pretty far from the place, so it's usually reserved for outings in the area lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like the chick fil a nuggets but they don't really fill me up very much lol. Unless I eat a lot of them. Taco bell actually has a lot of options. You can go on their website and play around with menu options (adding/subtracting) to figure out calories.

Subway is always an easy option for a lower calorie meal.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Wendy's and Subway work well for me. Often I go for the patty only quarter pounder option since I prefer McD coffee. Locally the quarter pounder patty (320 calories???) is $1.20 each and the large coffee is $1 (240 calories per cup) due to the half and half I use. Typically that come out to 1100 calories in my case but it fits my macros well. I learned the hard way not to get in a stressful situation low on fuel.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My go-to fast food are Chick Fil A, Wendy's, or Subway.

Chick Fil A is usually a grilled chicken sandwich or grilled nuggets with fruit on the side, or a cobb salad with grilled nuggets and fat free honey mustard dressing.

Wendy's it's chili and a baked potato. Always.

Subway I shake it up a bit. Just about any 6" sandwich with lite mayo is what I'll get and loaded with veggies. If I'm really short on calories, I'll get a salad.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I dont eat much fast food but when I do it is usually Subway. I will get the 6 inch tuna on wheat with all the veggies.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Is there a grocery store with pre-made meals near you? Sometimes those options can be better.

The OP asked for food not taco bell.

Chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese and grain isn't food? That cuts a lot out of your diet. Granted, the tortilla is made from (gasp) processed flower. Their beef and refried beans have some mystery ingredients as does the gooey cheese sauce. That's why my suggestion is the chicken soft taco.