Anyone else a "Car Enthusiast" here?

Options
her4g63
her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
Anyone else into cars/drag racing (or autox, time attack, whatever)?
Three eagle talons and an evo in my driveway (:
l91cnuke0v0s.jpg

Replies

• her4g63
    Options
    ill take the evo

It'll be for sale soon! Only purchased to mock-up stuff (my husband and I make manifolds+hot part kits, etc. for them) and guarantee fitment!
  • her4g63
    Options
    My current lineup (excluding the evo, it's completely stock):

Clunkbox (dogbox trans), mine and my husband's together-
    y7abzkxuw2ys.jpg
    i4yhdwaap3hg.jpg

Prototype (synchro trans), mine-
    kv7hhtx9vi9o.jpg
    n47xadf0h5p3.jpg

The auto (...an auto), my husband's-
    49uypliiy0av.jpg
    7cyqf75zxefn.jpg

• her4g63
    Options
    her4g63 wrote: »
    ill take the evo

It'll be for sale soon! Only purchased to mock-up stuff (my husband and I make manifolds+hot part kits, etc. for them) and guarantee fitment!

im surprised i ever got an evo considering it was such a common asian boy ricer car lol. but i guess thats why i go against the norm. is the a evo 9 mr?

That's a nice lineup you have! Do you ever get down with them on the Mexico streets/track?

Nah. We weren't really interested in a MR since it was just for mock-up stuff. We designed (and are still designing) new manifolds and "accessories" for them and didn't want to make the investment just for that. Someday, maybe but the RS sounds more appealing for our needs.
  • her4g63
    Options
    ill take the evo

im surprised i ever got an evo considering it was such a common asian boy ricer car lol. but i guess thats why i go against the norm. is the a evo 9 mr?

That's a nice lineup you have! Do you ever get down with them on the Mexico streets/track?

Nah. We weren't really interested in a MR since it was just for mock-up stuff. We designed (and are still designing) new manifolds and "accessories" for them and didn't want to make the investment just for that. Someday, maybe but the RS sounds more appealing for our needs.

i want to track the TTs as it has full bolt ons almost maxed out, but i dont have much suspension mods short of springs. this car needs a lot of work in terms of handling

the r8 handles like its on rails stock w/ magnetic suspension. its the best car iv ever driven in terms of raw power and handling. never tracked as i am not a fan of toasting my 8k brakes in 1 session LOL

i usually take my cars every year to tennesee to do the tail of the dragon for spirited driving.

got it makes sense. Rs would be sweet!

So, more autox than drag for the TTs?

The r8 was the most incredible car I've ever driven, hands down. The handling, acceleration, all of it. Best driving experience ever!

Oh man, that always sounds so appealing and fun! A friend of mine recently went to TN and did that and said it was just outstanding. So much fun.
  • her4g63
    Options
    ill take the evo

i want to track the TTs as it has full bolt ons almost maxed out, but i dont have much suspension mods short of springs. this car needs a lot of work in terms of handling

the r8 handles like its on rails stock w/ magnetic suspension. its the best car iv ever driven in terms of raw power and handling. never tracked as i am not a fan of toasting my 8k brakes in 1 session LOL

i usually take my cars every year to tennesee to do the tail of the dragon for spirited driving.

The r8 was the most incredible car I've ever driven, hands down. The handling, acceleration, all of it. Best driving experience ever!

Oh man, that always sounds so appealing and fun! A friend of mine recently went to TN and did that and said it was just outstanding. So much fun.

my tts is actually faster than the r8, but because of the turbo lag, acceleration isnt the best down low, but it has a lot of torque so it makes up for it. either way from my experience, turbo charged cars are more fun for auto x, while naturally aspirated or supercharged cars with instant power/torque r better for drag. dont get me wrong though i love the feeling of boost kicking in.

my r8 was only the v8 with only 420 hp but it was more than enough for my uses. but honestly, i didnt even want to drive that car fast. i just like to slowly cruise around and listen to the mid engine rumble. it is such a beautiful machine

the tail of the dragon is VERY fun but also very dangerous lol.

I dunnnnno - I enjoy the heck outta the three cars going down the track (a previous dsm i owned was strictly autox and that was a helluva good time)! the 42r (on prototype) takes a bit to come on but when it does, holy guacamole, that's real nice. I daily drive it too (when it's running - cracked a block back in April and have been too mad at it to put it back together, ha!). What turbo is on yours?

Usually when you have a car that does "cool stuff," you don't like to drive around on the streets like a jerk anyway. Sounds like the perfect car for you. And man do they look good!
  • her4g63
    Options
    ill take the evo

my tts is actually faster than the r8, but because of the turbo lag, acceleration isnt the best down low, but it has a lot of torque so it makes up for it. either way from my experience, turbo charged cars are more fun for auto x, while naturally aspirated or supercharged cars with instant power/torque r better for drag. dont get me wrong though i love the feeling of boost kicking in.

my r8 was only the v8 with only 420 hp but it was more than enough for my uses. but honestly, i didnt even want to drive that car fast. i just like to slowly cruise around and listen to the mid engine rumble. it is such a beautiful machine

the tail of the dragon is VERY fun but also very dangerous lol.

I dunnnnno - I enjoy the heck outta the three cars going down the track (a previous dsm i owned was strictly autox and that was a helluva good time)! the 42r (on prototype) takes a bit to come on but when it does, holy guacamole, that's real nice. I daily drive it too (when it's running - cracked a block back in April and have been too mad at it to put it back together, ha!). What turbo is on yours?

Usually when you have a car that does "cool stuff," you don't like to drive around on the streets like a jerk anyway. Sounds like the perfect car for you. And man do they look good!

def to each their own. i like the turbo spool winding up after downshifting for the corner and then flooring it around the curve. just my preference i guess.

whjen it comes to drag, HP is king, and i dont want to wait for any spooling lol. i need to kick @s$ from start to finish so i need raw power!!!

the tts has a updated k04 big turbo on it. im making close to 400hp/tq

You don't like giving folks any hope? ;)
    Probably my favorite part of prototype especially (and clunkbox in the future with the new setup for next season)... folks think they've got me and then ya backhalf the heck outta them! so mean, lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Yep.

37311d1256070267-thinkin-bout-putting-my-headrest-41187ali-20g-20renault-205-20gt-20turbo.jpg
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Less talk, more pictures.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Less talk, more pictures.

puppies-free-candy-t-seems-legit-6760979.png
  • her4g63