Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    The silent treatment... :|

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Drives me crackers when someone does that, I like to thrash it out and get things sorted. 😁

Same. And i hate that baby *kitten* game where they pretend that I’m unreasonable for insisting on talking it out.

Yep.. I don't understand how they think silence solves a problem 🤷‍♀️ If you don't speak the problem festers and builds till there's one almighty freaking explosion. I think of talking it out as a pressure release valve.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Drives me crackers when someone does that, I like to thrash it out and get things sorted. 😁

Same. And i hate that baby *kitten* game where they pretend that I’m unreasonable for insisting on talking it out.

Yep.. I don't understand how they think silence solves a problem 🤷‍♀️ If you don't speak the problem festers and builds till there's one almighty freaking explosion. I think of talking it out as a pressure release valve.

Honestly... From a guys perspective...
    Sometimes it's better to not talk about it because what's the use anyway... There's just no winning, it's not worth it... Just let it Go! Let it GO!! 😂..

But I understand this is different than silent treatment
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Honestly... From a guys perspective...
    Sometimes it's better to not talk about it because what's the use anyway... There's just no winning, it's not worth it... Just let it Go! Let it GO!! 😂..

But I understand this is different than silent treatment

You are so cute 😁.. Lucky for you 😒

😆
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Using hysterical when they mean hilarious
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    succubi
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    succubi
    She’s kind of pretty though
    86xuwml6djhs.jpeg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Liars,

g76000vb45d4.gif
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

I agree 100%. If someone needs a few minutes to collect their thoughts and then come back to the discussion, that’s cool. Trying to just drop it without coming to a resolution is a recipe for disaster later.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Unwarranted cheerfulness
  • gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    unbridled emotions
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

I agree 100%. If someone needs a few minutes to collect their thoughts and then come back to the discussion, that’s cool. Trying to just drop it without coming to a resolution is a recipe for disaster later.

In the past I just left. Go to my room. Take a drive. Especially when it felt like we were going in circles.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

In the past I just left. Go to my room. Take a drive. Especially when it felt like we were going in circles.

I do think there comes a point where every important thing has been said and after that it’s just... pointless. Rewording and repeating isn’t going to bring understanding. When that happens maybe you just hope for respect.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

I do think there comes a point where every important thing has been said and after that it’s just... pointless. Rewording and repeating isn’t going to bring understanding. At that point maybe you just hope for respect.

IMHO... Talking about it, for some people is just code for, let me convince you I'm right...

Sometimes talking about it is pointless, only thing you can do is just give up being right and let it go... But the other side has to be able to let it go as well otherwise it's just too much sometimes...

That being said there is a fine line between letting it go and bottling it up...

Yes, and I think some people have baggage from being beaten with the wordy stick so they give up too soon.

I think it’s so nice when you can understand why someone feels differently than you and give that opinion respect. I think that makes good, interesting, fun conversations and relationships.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

I do think there comes a point where every important thing has been said and after that it’s just... pointless. Rewording and repeating isn’t going to bring understanding. At that point maybe you just hope for respect.

IMHO... Talking about it, for some people is just code for, let me convince you I'm right...

Sometimes talking about it is pointless, only thing you can do is just give up being right and let it go... But the other side has to be able to let it go as well otherwise it's just too much sometimes...

That being said there is a fine line between letting it go and bottling it up...

Yes, and I think some people have baggage from being beaten with the wordy stick so they give up too soon.

I think it’s so nice when you can understand why someone feels differently than you and give that opinion respect. I think that makes good, interesting, fun conversations and relationships.

Yeah but where do you go from there, I mean respect that persons opinion sure but which way do you proceed... Sometimes it's more than just a matter of opinion and really a matter of direction...

At some point someone's gotta give... I try to think of Mick Jagger and "Shrug it off" so to speak, but it ain't always easy...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Yeah but where do you go from there, I mean respect that persons opinion sure but which way do you proceed... Sometimes it's more than just a matter of opinion and really a matter of direction...

At some point someone's gotta give... I try to think of Mick Jagger and "Shrug it off" so to speak, but it ain't always easy...

Idk. I always just do whatever i want😂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Wordy stick😂

And yes @Mr_Healthy_Habits when you're arguing or talking so that you convince the other person youre right...no one wins.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

Idk. I always just do whatever i want😂

😑...
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

swear2.gif

Heeeeyyyy

q1a12ti7ycs5.jpg
    😂
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Overused, generic terms of endearment.